The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#74533 - 05/21/06 07:18 AM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
Dee Dee Offline

Loc: Sioux Falls, SD
Toasting those who came before us is a great way to pay tribute to their impact on our lives. So is telling their stories.

We went to Spokane for my daughter's graduation. Beautiful part of America...I'm glad we had the chances to get there several times to see her. I cried when she walked across the stage. I think that's what most Moms do when their kids graduate.

I was featured in a newspaper story on Mother's Day, and they wanted a picture of Mom and me. Do you have many pictures of just you and your mom? I have only a couple...one is my wedding day, another is when I was a state FHA officer in high school, and it was taken at the induction ceremony. That's it. Two photos of Mom and me. She did not like having her photo taken. I have made it a point now to take photos of me with my daughters, and I have one at graduation of me kissing my daughter. I wish I had a picture of Mom kissing me!

#74534 - 05/22/06 08:20 PM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wow, I don't know about the pictures of only Mom and me. We have such a big family. I think they're are few pictures of only two people. I'm going to have to go hunting for one. Now I'm curious...and sad because I can't think of one. Ouch.

#74535 - 05/22/06 08:23 PM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We have been at a family wedding this weekend and it has been very weird. Mom has been gone five years and Dad is still here. But since this was an out of town wedding, Dad chose to stay home. He just wasn't up to it. It was the first time ever that we have attended a family wedding without both of our parents. I can't tell you I didn't like it. Dad was sorely missed but we believe he made the right decision. It would have been too much. I guess it's another part of growing up. [Frown]

#74536 - 05/22/06 09:27 PM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My Mother is the only reason Kodak is in business, I'm sure of it. When you're at her house, don't fall asleep on the couch with your mouth open. Click.... don't EVER go there without makeup, click... don't --- well, you get the picture (pun intended). We have literally thousands of pictures taken over our lifetime and where we use to gripe everythime she would pull out the brownie, the Kodak, and now the digital, we are SO grateful she did.

She also put the date of the pictures on the back of every single one, and who was in the picture. You think that doesn't matter until years later and you say, "Now is that Uncle Tom, or Uncle Bob in this one?" Turn it over, there it is. Uncle Tom, at Molly's house, December 1984.

She has taught us well. I have pictures of her, me, my oldest and his child. Four generations. I also have the same with my grandmother. I wouldn't give anything for those.

What I don't have, now that you've mentioned it, is one of just ME and Mom. I will correct that soon. Very Soon! Thanks for pointing it out.

JJ

#74537 - 05/23/06 08:19 PM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I am gratful for all the photo that mother took and I have them all here in my house . When mother died I went through each one of the pictures and made me feel so good . Pictures of Easter and christmas and wedding and so on . Picture of old times with mother and dad and there parents . Makes you feel so warm inside even though they are not here anymore .

Renee

#74538 - 05/24/06 05:05 AM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
Dee Dee Offline

Loc: Sioux Falls, SD
I did something yesterday I've never done before. I went to the cemetery where my parents are buried--alone. (They're buried in a small Lutheran Church cemetery on the prairie.) I sat on the tombstone in front of their graves and sort of "talked" to them. Dotsie, when your dad didn't come, you were probably feeling what I felt again Monday. They're both gone, and I still have things I want to talk with them about. I need their help on something, so I did just "talk" with them. It was a beautiful day on the prairie, and as I sat there, I listened to the grasses and leaves blowing in the wind and birds singing, and I thought of how many times I took the beauty of that life for granted as a kid. And how much we seem to always need our parents.

#74539 - 05/25/06 06:55 PM Re: Dee Dee Raap Dear Mom: Remembering, Celebrating, Healing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dee Dee, I always go to the cemetery alone. I feel badly becasue my kids and hubby don't really go since I don't include them. But, it's so therapeutic to sit there and be able to focus on Everything Mom.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved