The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 24 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#73869 - 09/23/05 08:44 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
kygal Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Like most here in this forum, I tried the short Myers Briggs that Eagle made reference to and I scored INFP this time....with 100% introverted and 50% feeling. I could also see myself in most of the descriptions but not all. Does anyone else feel that we could score differently depending on the circumstances present in our lives at that time?

Like others, a lot of these characteristics have been present since I was a child...the need for solitude and nature, poetry and story writing, wanting to fix everyone or bring them home to protect them (what I refer to as a Momma Bear mentality), etc.....but I do know at one point in my life I had to try and raise above these feelings and work in a steel mill to raise my two boys, but this also led to a period of alcoholism and drug use.....so where's the trade off?

I'm still looking for my niche in life and am hoping to be able to stay home for a while and take care of "me." It's funny, this was exactly what I said when I married my Canuck hubby, it was finally time for "me".....so maybe God is giving me this opportunity in another way. Can't say I've enjoyed the entire journey but hopefully can glean some insight from the ride.

Hugs,

Mary

#73870 - 09/23/05 09:08 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I've taken the True Colors assessment a couple of times, and come out both times a Blue/Gold and it seems to be bang on for me.

I took the short Meyers-Brigss and am an ISFJ.

The colors assessment seems easier to wrap my head around, but it is more simplistic.

Kygirl - I think you could score differently at different times in your life. I think some things depend on circumstances, and also how well we really know ourselves when we are answering these things [Smile]

#73871 - 09/23/05 09:45 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
kygal Offline

So true, so true Evie.....maybe it's the fact that I'm sneaking up on 50 and think I SHOULD know myself....LOL

But, in all seriousness, tell me about the colors test, never heard of that one and if it's easier to wrap your head around, I know it would be easier for me!

Hugs,

Mary

#73872 - 09/23/05 10:03 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Evie, I'd also be interested in the colors test...I have an old book on my shelf called "The Luscher Color Test"...is that the same thing?

#73873 - 09/23/05 10:48 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Evie Offline

If you google "True Colors assessment" you'll get all sorts of websites devoted to the colors system.

The first time I took the assessment was at a workshop run by a "True Colors" coordinator. After we each took the individual assessment, they had all the color groups (Blue, Gold, Green, Orange) get together, read about each groups strengths, etc. and come up with a "presentation" on why it was great to be your color!!! Kind of fun.

There is an online quiz and a better explanation of the system at:

www.truecolorscareer.com

#73874 - 09/23/05 10:50 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Evie Offline

PS - True Colors - not to be mistaken with another "Colors" type assessment that was supposed to tell you whether you were a Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall and that what color clothing you should wear based on that [Smile]

#73875 - 09/23/05 11:40 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
kygal Offline

Thanks for the info Evie.....sounds quite interesting! I took the online test and rated a blue/green.....which definitely sounds like me, especially with the blue being predominant.

I may just have to order this book as I can use all the help I can get to figure myself out...LOL

Hugs,

Mary

#73876 - 09/24/05 01:12 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Evie. I came out "blue" too.

While I was looking for your True Colors test earlier, I found this one. It's long, but fun, and mine seemed accurate. My primary colour was "crystal" and "blue" was a close second.

You fill in the test at http://www.auracolors.com/test2.htm
then go to http://www.auracolors.com and find the link to read what the colours mean.

#73877 - 09/24/05 12:49 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I took the true colors test and came out primary green, but the results didn't explain it much.

I think I take these tests so I can see if they're right or wrong about me. Of course, I already know all the answers. [Roll Eyes] I even argue with psychics.

#73878 - 09/25/05 03:47 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Evie Offline

Eagle - that was a fun one - I came out tied as a Sensitive Tan/Blue for primary with Crystal second. I don't resonate with the cyrstal description as much as the Sens.Tan/Blue one.

Meridth - LOL [Smile] I can just picture you arguing with the psychics! I admire your strong sense of self and your confidence.

Page 16 of 24 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved