The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 25 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73495 - 07/07/05 06:05 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yeah, stay home. Okay..okay. If you HAVE to go, here's a couple of tips.

If you sit down by a MALE in the waiting room, don't try and strike up a conversation by saying, "so...whatcha here for?"

And two, if they bring you someone named Belinda and she's blonde...run.

JJ

#73496 - 07/07/05 06:11 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You forgot a generator. Shouldn't Chick have her own self-powered generator packed away somewhere in that huge tote bag? Just in case?

#73497 - 07/07/05 06:36 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chickadee Offline

I've been slamming 'em with the refrigerator door all night getting 'em ready. I wish Bubba was here.

JJ, are you going "on the road" soon to promote your book? When, where and how?

chick

[ July 07, 2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#73498 - 07/08/05 07:30 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by chickadee:
I've been slamming 'em with the refrigerator door all night getting 'em ready

FOMCLA (Falling off my chair laughing again). Don't make me laugh like that...I'm finding leaks where I never knew I had 'em!

[ July 07, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#73499 - 07/07/05 08:00 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, let us know your results.

Jawjaw, I'd love to know who are your favorite three authors? Are they all humor writers?

#73500 - 07/07/05 10:30 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear JawJaw

I love your 'ALL THINGS ROYAL' newsletter. It's fun and takes a great spin at life's pecadillos!

What a wonderful talent to bring humour to people helping them to see that there are more important things in life than human foibles!

With love
Leigha

#73501 - 07/07/05 10:39 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girls, I do the funny stuff, k? <Queen giggling to herself...slamming the frig door! What a hoot she says as she walks away>

Oh wait...question bout writers.

Hands down one of my favorite writers is Anne Lamont. She is honest, a bit brutal, but what a writer! She tells it like it is. She is a great teacher of writing, for any genre. Another one of my fav's is the now departed, Lewis Grizzard. Some of his humor would be lost on some sections of the country however, so you might say "its a Southern thang." You all know I adore, and always will, my Erma. Now those are my favorite "BIG TIME" authors who have left a mark on the world. (Two non-humorous would be Mary Higgins Clark and Ann Rule)

There are tons of NEW and exciting authors that I love to read and so many of them are members of this very forum. So, while I do enjoy reading the words of the famous ones, you better keep an eye on the ones offered here. I see talent, talent, and more talent. I know you agree.

JJ

#73502 - 07/07/05 10:45 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

P.S. Thank you Ms Leigha. ALL THINGS ROYAL has turned into one of the best things I've ever done. It's short, so that in itself is a blessing, but its a great way to practice my skills.

I love writing them, and every dang week something happens allowing me to have a subject on hand. Do you believe my life? If you haven't read the archived ones, you can soon. I'm having them put on the web page.

DOTSIE, our very own leader, is solely responsible for me doing the ALL THINGS ROYAL. It was HER suggestion and I said, "oh phooey, who would want to read a short little diddy every week from me?"

Did she ever get to say "I told ya so!" on this one!

All - if you haven't signed up, you can do so on my homepage under the "contact me" link. Love to have you join us! Its 200+ subscribers and growing. I can't remember having so much fun. Well, except that one time i---wait, I can't tell that in public. Sorry.

JJ

#73503 - 07/08/05 05:50 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was just wondering, could we sign up some of our writer friends as well kind of like a "heads up" for them. I know they would love the newsletter as I do... [Razz]

#73504 - 07/08/05 07:40 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh Ms C I wish you could, but the SPAM laws are really strict on newsletter SENDERS and I have to have proof the person I'm sendng the newsletter to actually requested it, otherwise, they can report me as a spammer and you wouldn't believe the trouble I would be in then...Tuff new laws, but I truly applaud the efforts to stop spammers.

But hey, feel free to forward a copy of your ALL THINGS ROYAL to your friends and tell them to hop on over to my web page and sign up. I would love to have them. Any friend of yours...

JJ

Page 9 of 25 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved