The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 221 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 25 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73465 - 07/04/05 07:02 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Boobs of Steel: I can see a comicbook series evolving here...mmmm, extra onions on a taco...very distracting...

#73466 - 07/04/05 07:04 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Let me say this first and foremost. The stories in my book are true with just a tad of embellishment. They all come from my own life experiences, and more than likely will continue to be the same.

I refuse to say how much or if all of the "stuff" is true, because that would take all of the fun out of it. But girls, you should follow me around sometime. I can't have JUST A DAY. Something happens every day with me. When it does, I write about it. Maybe not right away, but eventually, to the grief of my family.

Given this, I'll let you all in on one method I use sometimes when I seem to be stuck or when my muse takes a vacation.

I see or hear a situation and just simply ask myself, "How could that be funny?" Sound crazy and a little too simple, but try it. You'll be surprised how you can turn an ordinary situation into something funny by just thinking about it, and twisting the outcome.

JJ

#73467 - 07/04/05 07:36 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sheesh, I miss a couple of days and what happens!?!

Alligators, swamps, the demise of poor dwayne, boobs of steel, and double stuffed oreos. Whew! Serves me right I guess. I better not miss anymore days here.

JJ. You have a unique sense of humor. Do you have an "ah ha" moment where you can pinpoint when you developed your sense of humor? Or was it something you always had and drew upon in your life?

oh! When did you choose your title QUEEN and why?

#73468 - 07/03/05 08:07 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Vicki, You think you missed a lot on the website, what if you hadn't read the book??

Oh my gosh you would have missed Dwayne, boobs of steel, double stuffed oreos and a whole lot more.

Everybody needs to READ THE BOOK. It's HILARIOUS!!
smile

#73469 - 07/03/05 11:07 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki...I'll say once more, good question. My, my, you girls are really putting your thinking caps on and hitting da Queen here with some good uns...

Yes, I can remember when "it" happened. True story. I had organized a backyard show and the main event was a girlfriend named Patsy who had taken ballet lessons. I figured hey, with that kind of talent, she would bring the house down. She did some sort of thing called "Air Bess, Lee Sa, and tousch a tay." Okay, for all of your ballet-goers, I KNOW that isn't the correct spelling, k?

I decided if she could do it, I could do it, so I had her show me how she did this little number. How hard could it be, right? Understand that I was an avid student of Curly, Larry, and Moe, as well as the Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis...and don't forget Abbot and Costello...so, being serious I wasn't. Also, I had her show me the routine one night before the big show. I was exactly a rocket scientist, but hey, I was 7 years old.

Showtime...the other kids do their little routines (you don't EVEN want to know) and then it was time for the grand finale...

Patsy and I came out of the quilt that was drapped over the clothesline. It was our dressing room. We're wearing TuTu's Patsy's Mom had made for HER. Everthing started out okay, but suddenly I forgot the rest of the routine and instead of following her lead, I start doing a soft shoe I had see Dean and Jerry do, then did a

"Da da--da--dada" flinging arms out wildly... "Da da--da--dada" throwing feet out too, right back into the quilt. The laughter went on for about 5 minutes. Patsy was mad at me, but a star was born.

JJ

#73470 - 07/04/05 01:11 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Oh what a picture you have painted!! Tee Hee!! I can see you in your borrowed tutu doing your old soft shoe while poor Patsy tried to figure out ways to PAY YOU BACK SOMEHOW after the ballet demonstration was finished. LOL

Anyway, I think it's an absolutely amazing talent to be able to experience or see or hear SOMETHING and turn it into "entertainment" which humor certainly is. Nobody does it like you do. You ARE "the Queen" that's for sure.

#73471 - 07/04/05 05:46 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I bet thats when you decided to make humor your career when you listened to the roaring laughter of the crowd and the thunderous applause. That my dear is the intoxication that careers stem from and now we are the lucky recipients. Chreering here....WWWWhhhhhhaaaa [Razz] [Razz]

#73472 - 07/04/05 10:35 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Don't think you can get away that easily, my dear Queen. You can't soft shoe your way out of this one. My other question was when did you start referring to yourself as "da Queen" and why? <GRIN>!!!

#73473 - 07/04/05 11:00 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
But I'd like to see JJ softshoe her way around the sparkling speedo-clad Chippendales over in the Virtual Border Party... [Razz]

#73474 - 07/05/05 01:03 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Now you know we can't trust JJ around a Chip. She'll just sashay up there and try to steal them all for herself.
It's a fact.
Hey where are you JJJJJ???? Get on in here and defend yourself.
I gotta go eat burgers and pop firecrackers.
smile

Page 6 of 25 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved