The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73605 - 07/23/05 03:27 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Go ahead and laugh, I did, I was the one on the floor and eyes teary from the pain of the fall, "heck no," from the stupidity of the fall and my large self sprawled out on the floor. It was hilarious, I'm still chuckling. Too bad someone wasn't making a video I could have won the prize I'm sure on that Funniest Video show on TV. Julie where on earth did or do you come in contact with crocs, how? [Razz]

#73606 - 07/23/05 02:48 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Didn't you know we have them breeding in the storm water pipes throughout our country? We all have to have a basic knowledge of croc defence. You never know what will emerge from the drainpipe...seriously...

#73607 - 07/23/05 06:04 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Okay, I'm not visiting Australia. That is just too spooky for words.

#73608 - 07/23/05 06:36 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have a great picture of an alligator I took in FL. A zoom lens is a wonderful thing.
Louisa

#73609 - 07/23/05 06:48 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I can see it now...Da Queen being in the shower and looking down at the royal drain and a baby croc comes jumping out...OMG! Talk about a Mexican hat dance! I'd remodel that bathroom trying to get out of there!

I'll have nightmares for a week now. What? What do you mean its not that kind of drain? Oh. I knew that. I did! I swear it.

*************ANNOUNCEMENT************

The winner of the second trivia contest was our very own Cathi or Optimumsteps

YUHOOO! You go Cathi! You get a beautiful T-shirt from Boomer Women Speak. Congrats! Make sure you give Dotsie your mailing address, k?

Oh and the answer to the Question, "What did Trixie called THE SON's room, and why?"

The pit. Because that's what it resembles, a dark, bottomless pit.

The next contest prize will be a $25.00/gift certificate to shop with Meredith! I ain't lying. So be watching for the next one coming soon to a forum near you!

JJ

#73610 - 07/23/05 06:52 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Forgive me, where ae my manners? (Evie, leave it alone...)

I forgot to give Meredith's web site address for any of you newer members!

http://www.meredithbead.com/
and her other site
http://members.tripod.com/meredithbead-ivil/

JJ

#73611 - 07/24/05 07:58 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
JJ, just caught up on all the posts. I'm sorry to have been missing the good time in here. I've read your book and think it's better than Erma Bombeck! My husband thought it was a hoot too.

I miss you all.

#73612 - 07/23/05 08:47 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
OMG! I won? Wahooo, I won! I won!

I would like to thank my mom and dad. My husband....Ooops, this is not the Oscars? Oh well, who needs that anyway! I'd rather win from Da Queen!

Sorry, got carried away!!!

Thanks and Cheers,
Cathi

#73613 - 07/23/05 09:28 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay JJ, I think the story in your book about the orange throw rug HEXED me.

Yesterday I ran out of detergent in the midst of washing everything I ever owned. I was wearing no makeup. And since I never dress up for laundry anyway, I had on some ugly, wrinkled, FATTENING, Bright yellow shorts and a matching tee shirt that I retrieved from a pile on its way to the trashcan.
Because I go to Walmart all the time looking half way decent and never see anybody I know, I figured I could rush in for detergent without being recognized.

In case I got hungry before getting to the detergent aisle, I ran through the bakery to grab a muffin. Thank heaven I recognized my Miss Model, Glamourpuss neighbor before she saw me---I hope. She looked terrific. She has a New hairdo and she's a size 4 (FOUR) MAX! Maybe size TWO.

Risking starvation, I rushed right past the muffins pretending I didn't see her. That woman was probably just lurking there waiting for some unsuspecting fat, wrinkled, yellow slug like me to come along. I bet she never ate a muffin in her whole life.

I somehow escaped under the radar down the detergent aisle praying she hadn't recognized me. And if it ever came up, I could swear it was my older fatter sister or something. (Okay, I don't have an older fatter sister, but that's just a minor detail)

Well, I got the detergent and ran by the fridge for a case of beer. (Hey, I was on the verge of starvation and had to have some kind of nutrition) Anyway, still barely under the radar, I made my way to the check out stand. Only one person ahead of me and the glamourpuss neighbor nowhere in sight. I was just about home free.

I plopped the case of beer and on the counter and was unloading the detergent when I heard someone protesting, "Oh no, that's not mine. Oh no, that's not MY Beer."
Seems the checkout girl was trying to check my beer out to someone else. And when the woman ahead of me turned around to point out the real beer guzzler--fat wrinkled yellow me--I recognized her immediately. It was this really great Christian lady from my Church (Baptist). She always dresses in these barely there colors and looks kind of faded, but she's real nice and very Baptist. I tried to sort of shrink up, but of course she recognized me. Every fat, wrinkled, Bright yellow inch of me.
Being a really good person, she didn't tell me I was I looked like crap or was going to hell for drinking beer. In fact, she was real nice and very friendly.
So while I tried to shrink and the church lady tried not to go into the alcoholic's prayer, the checkout girl from hell asked asked me TWICE-REAL LOUD for my DATE OF BIRTH. She couldn't hear so I practically had to shout it. TWICE!

So in one Walmart trip I wound up dodging my glamourous neighbor, being nailed by the Baptists for buying beer, and shouting my birthdate to the whole Walmart.

Talk about a crappy shopping experience.
smile

[ July 24, 2005, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#73614 - 07/24/05 12:00 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sherri, we ALWAYS miss you when you're gone away from da boards hon...welcome back!

Cathi, you go girl! Congrats again.

SMILES---I have read this twice because it was soooo funny and worth it! I'm convinced now that you and I were separated at birth.

Here's my "experience" for the day.

I went to Lowe's this morning and I knew I would see NO ONE. Why? I wore makeup. You NEVER see a soul if you're dressed for it. But go to the corner market without your "face" on and honey, everyone you know within a 60 mile radius will be in that store...staring at you. And giggling.

While at Lowe's, I asked a worker there if they carried file cabinets. He was throwing a ball up in the air and catching it. He stared at me a minute like I had three heads and then I saw the light go on as he grasped what I had asked him. It was like a delayed understanding. He said, "ahhh...I don't thinkkkkk so."

Okay, is it me or does that not leave the possibility that they MIGHT?

We stood staring at each other like the "Shoot out at OK Corral." Finally, I knew one of us was going to expire before he said anything else so I said, "ah...well, wannaaaaaa check?"

He looked at me for a sec then shear panic washed over his face. It was like, "oh crap...nobody has ever asked me to check. What do I do?" He looked around, saw another man and ran over to him and asked him. The man said (and I am not making this up) "I don't thinkkkkk so."

The young man seemed really proud of that answer and turned to me and said, "nope, sure don't."

Where do they get these people? And yes, they DO carry them.

JJ

Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved