The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 25 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73565 - 07/16/05 07:38 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have a question for all of you disciplined writers.

Do you use a timer when you are writing? If not, how do you schedule your writing time?

I personally use a timer but put it in the next room where it doesn't drive me crazy while the minutes are ticking away. When the bell goes off, you have to peel me off the ceiling because I really get into the writing thing. I don't see or hear anything around me.

#73566 - 07/16/05 11:11 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
For me, it's not the amount of time it takes me to write, but the amount of writing that I do.

I write a specific number of words every day. Sometimes it takes me all day, sometimes I'm done in an hour or so. Depends on the inspiration.

#73567 - 07/17/05 05:54 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I find myself pulled in so manhy directions that at times my "take time for me first" doesn't happen an even when it does my mind is still thinking of many other things. BUT every now and then an idea will pop into my head and I just start writing... the problem with me is I can get two or three at the same time. Like right now I am working on two stories at once.... [Razz]

#73568 - 07/18/05 07:53 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Page 165 in your book: The Queen of Compulsion.

Can I go with you to her home next time?

What did she have to say when she read yoru book? Did she recognize herself?

#73569 - 07/18/05 04:16 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Working fulltime, I do my writing at night and on the weekends. Most of it on the weekends. I don't have a set pattern. It's whenever an idea hits me. If I'm working on a newspaper story, then I'm more disciplined because I have a deadline. Sometimes I write while I'm away on vacation. When I'm into a story, I get very into it and have a hard time dragging myself away from it to do anything else.
Louisa

#73570 - 07/18/05 04:42 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm like Louisa, If I'm involved with something that's all I want to do is write it. I think the timer is a good idea though and I may try using one. Some days fly past me without my doing some of the important things that I need to do because I was writing too much.

JJ, I'm interested in the Queen of compulsion also!

#73571 - 07/18/05 11:57 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Here's a tip I learned from a book last week.

Write first!
Answer email last!
Never get wrapped up in the email distraction until your work is where you want it to be for the day.

Now if I can only live by that. [Wink]

#73572 - 07/19/05 12:12 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I write best to deadline. Without one, I will edit my way to the grave. Everything is usually better after an edit, but without a deadline I edit things to death.

I'm working on it.
smile

#73573 - 07/20/05 12:51 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, I agree. If I am not working with a deadline from someone else, I give myself a deadline. I just did that yesterday with some work I've been trying to get written. Funny, I will live by the deadline I give myself. I need to give them sooner so I don't drag things out and edit to death.

I know some people write and submit all in one day. I can't do that. I have to see it on different days, read it out loud, cut and paste, delete, blah, blah, blah!

#73574 - 07/20/05 01:31 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I can't tell you how many times I have rewritten something because the editting I did before seemed embarassing to me.

Would this system possibly work? Let's say to limit yourself only 3-5 times of editting in a span of a few days or weeks.

I am just coming up with figures but you get the picture.

JJ, how many times did you edit your material?

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 16 of 25 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved