The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 20 of 26 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#72996 - 04/21/05 06:59 PM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can relate to having a pile of books to read. People want me to consider them for the Featured Author Forum. I have 24 waiting right now. I read every one. It just takes a while to get to them. I'm glad authors are patient people.

I believe Kelly is reveiwing books now too.

Please check the Boomer Books page if you are in need of books to review.

Dian, don't forget our Dianne when you are interviewing about domestic violence. She can be forgotten because she doesn't like to promote herself, but I want to promote her!

#72997 - 04/21/05 08:04 PM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
I've pm'd Dianne and I also have been trying to return a call to the Angela Shelton Foundation - playing phone tag.

#72998 - 04/21/05 08:37 PM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dian, thank you so much for your response to the NDE. Although I've always sensed the glory of heaven at hand, a lesson for me was to respect life on earth, and to understand it as a gift, not a punishment! Today is my watercolor painting class. I awoke so grateful to have that to look forward to. I am also grateful to have the boomer women to communicate with on a deeper level. Good reasons to get out of bed and on with the day, and to say, thank you God!

#72999 - 04/21/05 08:42 PM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Princess Lenora Offline

Dotsie, I know you have a lot of books to read to consider for the FA forum. I am so honored to have been chosen. There is so much to learn from the books our boomer sisters write! Dian, if you want to hear Angela for background infor, go to www.worldtalkradio.com. Click on Wednesdays show schedule, in the Darkness to Light segment, and you can hear her being interviewed in the archives. Dianne, you jet setter you, how interesting to have been in Paris on the tour!

#73000 - 04/21/05 09:46 PM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My sister does this for a living in Paris and Provence. She gives English speaking tours. She knows the city better than her husband, who was raised there. She's a walking French History Book.

#73001 - 04/22/05 04:25 AM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Princess Lenora Offline

Have you heard the song on the country music stations by Martina McBride "I am so blessed?" I had a wonderful time at watercolor painting class. My paintings are a different part of my personality. Whereas my book expresses the darkest secrets, the paintings express my greatest joys. Given all the pain and suffering I write about, it may sound odd to hear that I felt like the luckiest woman in the world today. I get to live the life of a writer, and I get to paint, things I longed for since childhood. I've ridden horses, hiked the High Sierras, strolled in the Garden of the Gods, lost God, found God, and reconciled with my family. I’ve felt resentment and forgiveness. I’ve been ruthless as compassionate. I drove a woman to class who just moved here from Germany; she is due in August. How honored I felt when she said I was her first friend in America! Anything I can do to give her comfort while she sorely misses her family and home country during her pregnancy. I visited my husband at his work, flirted with him, and bought him a present (a badly needed new wallet, with a gift card from Starbucks in it) And I feel so at home in Colorado, like I've lived here all my life! I think about my cousin Annie often. You know from the book that she drove her car into a tree on a clear night. Her promiscuity, drug and alcohol addiction, and 3 marriages before the age of 30 were a result of her abusive childhood, and being molested. I thought about how happy to be on earth. I could have moments of Survivor's Guilt because I am here and she is not, but then I realize I am exactly where I am supposed to be at this moment, and for that I give thanks.

[ April 21, 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: lynn329 ]

#73002 - 04/22/05 04:54 AM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lynn,
YOu are a wonderful person who have helped us heal our pain . I am grateful that we are e-mail friends.

Just a word of Thank You

[ April 21, 2005, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#73003 - 04/22/05 07:14 AM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Princess Lenora Offline

Wow, Nancy, thank you so much for this message. I am so, so grateful for the friends here. I am humbled and honored that you have found some healing in my words and thoughts and prayers. I was wondering where you've been, and if all is okay with you! Love and Light, Lynn

#73004 - 04/22/05 07:16 AM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Princess Lenora Offline

Hey friends, if you have nothing better to do you can check out my paintings at http://homepage.mac.com/woodyt1
One of the gurus of our era is Deepak Chopra, who is a medical doctor who turned back toward Eastern methods of holistic healing. He writes that we are in our passion when we lose track of time. For example, I lose track of time when painting, writing, or riding (or anytime with animals.) What are you doing when you find yourself losing track of time?

#73005 - 04/22/05 07:18 AM Re: Lynn Tolson, Beyond The Tears: A True Survivor's Story
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by lynn329:
...but then I realize I am exactly where I am supposed to be at this moment, and for that I give thanks.

As do we! Amen!

PS, have you ever heard the term "Anam Cara"? Anam Cara is a Celtic expression. According to Celtic spiritual tradition, the soul shines all around the body like a luminous cloud. When you are very open ~ appreciative and trusting ~ with another person, your two souls meet and flow together. This deeply felt bond with another person can mean you have found an "anam cara", or "Soul Friend." An anam cara always beholds your light and beauty, and accepts you for who you truly are.

In Celtic spirituality, a true anam cara friendship awakens a fullness and mystery of your life that you may not have experienced or known before. If/as this anam cara friendship evolves and deepens over time, you become joined in an ancient and eternal union with humanity that cuts across all barriers of time, convention, philosophy, and definition.

When you are blessed with a true anam cara, the Irish believe, you have arrived at that most sacred place: ~HOME~

I can't remember where this explanation of anam cara comes from, but I think it fits in quite nicely right about here.

Page 20 of 26 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved