The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#72759 - 03/17/05 08:19 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
hahaha....good one Trish. I've been giving your question about who should play the actors in China Conspiracy some thought. Carter, I'm thinking Dinsel Washington. Hunk-a Hunk-a....

And Kit - hmm...that one's harder. I don't see her as a blonde but I don't see her as my fav who is Sandra Bullock either. What about Ashley Judd?

JJ

#72760 - 03/17/05 02:36 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
speaker, have you signed anything yet? I ask this because I spent over 6 months working with an agent (never signed anything). I mer her and all. I got excellent advice. I wrote my proposal to suit her. She planned on sending it to publishers before her medical leave, but was overworked and couldn't get to it. Then she went on medical leave, which turned out to be more of a permanent leave. She turned her work over to her husband (the head of the agency) and he didn't click with my project. Huh?

I found this to be totally unfair. What man would click with this project? It's all about women for heaven's sake.

There were some unbelievable emails and phone conversations, but guess what? He was the boss. I remained professional and diplomatic throughout, which wasn't easy. I lost out. I still can't believe it. This is a highly reputable NY agency. Be careful about doing too much before you sign.

I am fortunate to have signed with another agent. I think she's perfect for my project.

#72762 - 03/17/05 05:43 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
This whole thing about agents reminds me of the agent who contacted me, absolutely thrilled with my query letter and sample chapter, who convinced me that my book was destined to be a best seller.
Then I sent her my entire manuscript and waited for six long months while I cooled my heels... Finally, I received a letter that was written as though she had a split personality; she "hated" (her word, not mine) my book and found it totally unrealistic... Her biggest complaint was the main character, a programmer, created a web page. She said "everyone knows that a PERSON can not create a web page; it takes a CORPORATION to do that!"
There are just some situations that are so bizarre that I know in those moments my books are destined for greatness, because someday I will tell this story on Oprah!

#72763 - 03/17/05 05:46 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

JJ, when I wrote The China Conspiracy, I actually had Richard Gere in mind (though I wouldn't complain if Denzel got the part!)... and Susan Sarandon as Kit. But I wasn't sure if they would have the right chemistry; now I see where they just did a movie together, though I haven't seen it yet. It wasn't shown at the theatres around here... I think it's "Shall We Dance?"

#72764 - 03/18/05 08:16 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Susan is too old to play the part of a Mom with a teen...plus she lost points with me when she and Goldie Hawn played in that awful movie, The Banger Sisters. I thought they both cheapened themselves in that film. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen....

Now Richard Gere? I want to have his children.

JJ

#72765 - 03/18/05 08:40 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh, my claim to fame. Denzel stayed directly across the street from us on vacation. Yup. We met him and chatted in the street. Saw him come and go all week.

The funny thing is I rarely watch movies so I didn't know who the heck he was. It wasn't until we got home and I did a little research. WOW!

Another funny part is the tacky people staying next to us went out with their camera, tooks tons of pictures, asked him to hold their baby for a picture, and went absolutely crazy over him. We, of course, were much more reserved in our approach. [Razz]

#72766 - 03/17/05 09:26 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:

Now Richard Gere? I want to have his children.

JJ

at this stage in my life - I dont' want to have anybody's children, my own are enough thank you very much [Razz] [Razz]

...but.....I can appreciate "eye candy" [Big Grin]

sigh...I wish my copy of Trish's book would hurry up and arrive - I'm dying to dig into it!

#72767 - 03/18/05 12:15 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well...I CAN'T have anyone's children...but I use that line to express my desire to use the man like a lollypop....what? Oh sure, like you haven't ever thought of it. Puleaseee...

JJ

#72768 - 03/18/05 01:59 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Hi, everybody!
Dotsie, it's probably a good thing that you didn't know who Denzel was when you met him. It was probably very refreshing for him to be treated just like everybody else.
Evie, I'm sorry your book is taking so long! Do you live in Canada?
JJ, what can I say... [Smile]

#72769 - 03/18/05 03:52 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Jaw Jaw, you givin' me ideas, girl. You cut that out!

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved