The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71784 - 10/06/05 08:19 PM Re: money for college kids?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Half.com is also a great place to sell books!

(you don't have to pay upfront for listing them, and you set the price based on the other books for sale)

d.

#71785 - 10/07/05 01:27 AM Re: money for college kids?
Sunrise Offline

Loc: Northern California
College is very expensive, books, tuition, housing, food, etc. [Eek!]

We had our first go, then two years later, another child in college.

Since we were paying for two, we might as well get some perks out of it. I got a credit card for them, with a low limit, and when they spent so much on the card, I got a gift certificate to my favorite store! [Big Grin]

We had a good dicussion before about what could be put on it, and they were aware of the low limit.

My oldest is now out of college and the card gave him a start at a credit history, so now he will be getting his own card. [Big Grin]

#71786 - 10/13/05 05:20 PM Re: money for college kids?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sunrise, tell me more about getting gift certificates. How did that happen?

My son has a credit card for college expenses too. The bill comes to us. We approve spending for books and household items, etc. He has to send us a check for anything we don't approve. It seems to work well. But next year we'll have two more in college. I can't imagine having two more credit cards in the family. YUCK!

#71787 - 10/14/05 09:50 PM Re: money for college kids?
Sunrise Offline

Loc: Northern California
Sounds like you are doing a great job with helping your son manage his/your money.

I have to say, it is pretty scary giving your child a credit card. [Eek!]

It involves a lot of discussion about what they can use it for, limits on the card, not losing it, etc.

I chose a credit card, that was a visa with my favorite store. It has no annual fees (some cards do), and when a certain amount is spent on the card, they send you a 20$ gift certificate. On this card, if I shop at the stores "special" sales events, they may even double my points.

There are many cards out there that give you money back, credit for gas, so choose what you like.

For me, this is such a treat to get these gift certificates in the mail.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved