The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#70764 - 06/08/06 08:57 AM Re: I'm in love
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Daisy....this all sounds so romantic and exciting...I am absolutely thrilled for you...can't wait to hear what comes next!!! He sounds like a keeper to me though!!

Chatty, your experience with "Doctor Daniel" sounds like the makings of a really good short story for Redbook or the like....you may as well capitalize on the jerk's obnoxious behavior toward you...I'm glad you let him "have it" before you left....Bravo!!!!

#70765 - 06/08/06 05:35 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
This love stuff sure is difficult. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is going to work out. I'm discouraged.

Daisygirl

#70766 - 06/08/06 06:31 PM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Daisy, what is making you feel discouraged...if you don't mind sharing. Maybe can make you feel better. Hang in there and don't think too much.

#70768 - 06/08/06 11:47 PM Re: I'm in love
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Daisy...I agree with Dotsie...don't "think" so much....take it day by day....hoping for good things for you... [Smile]

#70769 - 06/09/06 12:16 AM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Actually, I'm not so smart or I wouldn't be in this situation again.

I'm having a poor me day. Thanks for your encouragement.

#70770 - 06/09/06 01:44 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Whats up my sister Daisy?? You know I've been thinking about Doctor Daniel. At least he is an upfront jerk, he lets everyone know right away what he is all about. He may not be a keeper but at least I didn't have to invest alot of time finding that out, so three cheers for the obvious jerks. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] Its the sneaky ones that scare me.

#70771 - 06/09/06 04:55 AM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh yeah, that's sooo true, Chatty. The sneaky ones that creep into your heart, know that they have it or a good part of it and then BAM! Slam you with the truth when your heart is thinking instead of your head. Ouch. Been there a few times.

Recall that CEO guy that I was goo-goo gy-gy over a while back?? Well, anyway, he turned out to be extremely full of the smelly refuse, and I do mean thick chunky clunks of it too. I'm glad I ran this guy thru the BoomerLadies first. I got great advice; mainly do alot of talking first and then some more. We did that and we spent alot of time together. My daughter liked him and he was just okay by my son.

We did breakfast before heading to his office most mornings, lunch and plenty dinners.

What he was really trying to do was make me fall in love and work for little $$ to none. He involved me with most of his business deals and just completely put me in his life/business so to make me really feel like we had something and we could really work the business out that was surely falling apart. It was falling apart because so many other corperations were finding him out. He needed a new mouth piece to renew faith in the company and that was to be me once he 'trained' me.

He was telling other folks something totally different about our relationship. That hurt but I woke up and scared some of that smelly stuff out of him and he paid me and we haven't spoken since, well, with the exception of the few business aquaintances that I connected him with. I told them about my experiences and then that business went null for him too.

#70772 - 06/09/06 05:02 AM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh yeah, I found out that he was a gambler on top of being a liar. I should have known that such a 'good catch' was just too good to be true. Those two wives he claimed that the divorces were the fault of them ONLY must have had such a miserable time with him. They'd fallin in love with those lies.

#70773 - 06/09/06 05:38 AM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Chatty, so true, so true. It's the ones who know how to trick you without really lying. I don't know if this one is a bad one, just that everything was fine and then - wham - he's gone with no explanation.

Sugaree, I been down your road also, only I married the jerk. Right before I bought my house, he suggested I help him refinance his house so he could get a better rate with my good credit. Fat chance. I was house hunting!

I am feeling better now than I was earlier. It's the initial let down of the phone calls stopping and a person who I considered a friend is just gone. I realize my heart will heal and my little disappointment is nothing compared to the burdens of some of you ladies.

I started seeing a counselor last week because I really want to discover why this happens to me so often.

Your support is very appreciated.

Daisygirl

[ June 08, 2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#70774 - 06/09/06 06:28 AM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

okay, I realize I'm obsessing.....however. The man just called me and we chatted for maybe 5 minutes - he didn't ask me for a date this weekend. What is going on here? I have a leaking tire and he said be sure to call him if it goes flat. Is he playing me?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved