The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#69715 - 09/07/05 04:21 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JUST for DATING this guy sounds like a good one to me. Date him, enjoy the attention and the dinners etc. Heck my ex loved and loves baseball, constantly games live, on TV and he would record those to show endlessly. Now back to your friend. If he is good to you and you enjoy him and have fun, take a book to these games (I use to) and it'll be over before you know it. I never should have married this man, bad move. I ran out of books, LOL

#69716 - 09/07/05 05:33 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ, Yes, I do believe we are both correct on why guys love sports.

But have you ever been with a guy who you really connect with? One guy I dated ages ago, was creative, fun....well, okay, creative and fun. But I could talk about hairstyles, decorating and we even made our Christmas wrapping paper together.......the only problem was he was a shoplifter. It was like dating a girlfriend.

I guess I am questioning whether to wait on someone who I do have more in common with and risk getting a cheater, or another slim shady, or overlook some things I don't like and respect and enjoy the things that are really more important.

Chatty, I will take your advice and just enjoy the dinner. He is more amusing when he's not around his sports friends.

Daisygirl

#69717 - 09/07/05 03:29 PM Re: Dating....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Daisygirl,
I think the standards you've set for yourself are excellent and I wouldn't lower them, if it were me. Think of it like this...if you've ever had a choice whether or not to buy that dress you just loved, or get the one that's "okay" simply because it was cheaper, and you bought the one that was cheaper... how satisfied were you with the decision you made? If you are like me, you would wear it, but every time you did, you thought about the one that you REALLY wanted. Thus, you were NEVER satisfied with the cheaper one and usually ended up letting it just hang in the closet, or give it away. Course when you go back to get the other one, its gone. eh?

I think about what Daddy always told me and that was, "you deserve the best if you BELIEVE you deserve the best."

I also think that you made a very wise decision by dropping the guy who shop-lifted. A person that will steal, will do anything and in my opinion, could NEVER be trusted.

Have I ever been with someone that we "connected?" Yes, once. I let him get away for the cheaper version. Sigh...

JJ

JJ

#69718 - 09/08/05 07:56 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

JJ, the most important qualities are integrity, honesty and decency and I know I would be miserable married to someone without those.

I also ended an engagement with a guy who lied about how many kids and ex-wives he had. That was also an indication of very poor character. Bye bye.

Daisygirl

#69719 - 09/08/05 07:57 AM Re: Dating....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sorry, I can just picture the guy hanging inthe closet.

#69720 - 09/07/05 11:11 PM Re: Dating....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
LOL! Dotsieeee made a funnnneeeee...

You go girl!

Daisygirl, you sound pretty wise to me. I can't imagine you needing advice on the dating issue. I say you would be a better candidate to give advice to the rest of us! Go Daisygirl!

JJ

#69721 - 09/08/05 05:13 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

She is the one dating after all isn't she. JJ and I may as well be hanging in our own closets, boo hoo!!! [Frown]

#69722 - 09/08/05 08:32 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

Well, wouldn't it be nice if we could just hang a man in the closet and take him out when we wanted something repaired, or the trash taken out......and for a little romance?

I'm not really dating - I think I'm too crotchety to date anyone long term.

Daisygirl

#69723 - 09/15/05 12:28 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

I went to dinner last night with the sports guy. It was pleasant and we will do it again probably, but not this weekend because he has to go out of town for a baptism. I think he's over his previous relationship a little more and is not so assuming. When we started dating before, he had only been single for about 3 or 4 months. He basically replaced his ex's name with mine on his schedule of theatre, ballgames, dinners w/friends, etc.

#69724 - 09/15/05 01:29 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You go girl....have a ball, why not?

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved