The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#69695 - 08/28/05 02:49 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its a good thing you don't apparently. My Lord, what a gaggle of geese these men were, they would qualify as cartoon characters tatood on that one guys body....I hope you reported the man that was abusing his dog....???

#69696 - 08/30/05 12:03 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty lady, the guy was using a shock collar with a hand held zapper and the poor dog was just a pup. But it was legal and he bought it at a pet store.

#69697 - 09/02/05 12:21 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Legal torture, my my what will man think of next????? [Mad] I'd like to use that held hand zapper on this creep....dam!

#69698 - 09/04/05 11:42 AM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
OK I've seen it again. A couple who just started to date, traveling and basically "living" with each other. And one of them saying "if it doesn't work out, maybe we can still be friends."

I repeat.... Does anybody "date" anymore? Or do I just need to "get with the program" and realize that things are different now?

There have been a few (well, maybe two) over the years that I would have liked to "get busy with". But I didn't, thinking I had to follow the perceived "rules." Well, I'm about to say "to hell with the rules" and just do what "I" want to do, instead of what I think I "should" do. Things are changing with me.

I'm sure some will disagree, but....

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Whirlwind

#69699 - 09/04/05 06:37 PM Re: Dating....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
WW,
I don't date and I really haven't stopped to think of "why" either. Well, not in the last two years. I guess time is one factor, and other than a couple of guys, no ones asked! ha!

One of those guys got furious when I wouldn't go out with him after the first (horrible) date and called me two days later and said he wanted me to pay for my half of the meal he had bought. HA! Fat chance. Especially since I was so turned off by his manners and ME, ME, ME, mentality that I just picked at my meal and HE ended up eating that one too.

The other guy I adore. He is what I call "marriage material" and I do miss him. But I don't have time to call him every day and go somewhere whenever he wants me to, and so...

However, I will tell you that while I'm not afraid to go places by myself, I am certainly more cautious than I use to be. Especially if I were to take a cruise, alone that is.

Having said that, I'm like you. If I want to do something, I just do it. Believe it or not, I am NOT a party animal. I was in my younger days, but now I too would take a good book over a party any day.

I say go for it. If it is something you want to do, do it! If you feel comfortable on a journey, tour, or whatever, and want to do it, why shouldn't you? I wish I had the money to travel, I'd love to travel with you. And I really, really, really, don't talk that much either. Honest injun.

JJ

#69700 - 09/05/05 07:46 AM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Thanks for the thoughts JawJaw. I'm sure we'd get along just fine, I like you and I haven't even met you in person yet! Maybe one of these days we'll have a "Boomer Reunion Weekend" somewhere.

I've booked my solo trip to El Caribe, and I am SOOOO looking forward to it! It's really easy to meet people and hook up with new friends at a dive resort. And I've been to this place so many times it's like "home away from home" anyway.

And I know what you mean about "dates." The only guy who has asked me in the past year or so is a co-worker, "nice", but we have NOTHING in common and he is very rigid. If it's not his idea, or something that he really likes to do, he won't. Period.

The man that I've been seeing for years (we're basically just friends now) hasn't taken me on what I would call a "date" in years. I didn't even get a card for Christmas last year. In his mind he "made up for it" on my birthday, but he just doesn't get it. It's not the gift or lack of a gift, I couldn't care less about "stuff." The first year we were together he was having money problems and couldn't buy gifts. But he hand made me a beautiful card, and to me that was special, I loved it.

Oh well. Carry on Boomer Girls!

Whirlwind

#69701 - 09/04/05 08:17 PM Re: Dating....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

WW
Do tell more about El Caribe. I'm totally lost in geo... I've been to Scotland (I could live there easily) and to England (its was okay, food sucked) and a lot of the U.S., but mostly for business, or if it was for pleasure, it was too toursity for me. I love small towns and home folk. They are so friendly, and you learn so much about their culture. I love the US and would also love to travel from state to state. Course, who wouldn't? ha!

Yes, we will just have to force Dotsie into having a boomer retreat! How cool would that be? Course the only roomie I could have would be one that snored... yes, I sound like pipes gone bad.

JJ

#69702 - 09/05/05 03:21 AM Re: Dating....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Although new to this forum, I would enjoy a boomer retreat! Small town or South America, either would interest me. I too, have been to Scotland, loved it, very expensive, yet lovely sights, shopping and decent food.

#69703 - 09/05/05 06:06 PM Re: Dating....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

MustangGal,
Did you go to Edinburgh? Walk the Royal Mile? I love that place and could live there for sure. The people were so friendly! Have you ever been to Ireland? THAT'S my next biggee.

JJ

#69704 - 09/05/05 06:25 PM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Ireland? That's on my list too! A friend of mine at work has been there a couple of times and she still raves about it.

This next trip I'm going to Bonaire. I've been all over the Caribbean, but I've never been to Europe. Guess I have some "catching up" to do.

Oh, Alaska is high on the list too.

Geez. So many places to go, so little time (and money) to make it happen.

Sigh...

Whirlwind

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved