The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#69675 - 08/05/05 05:36 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nope Natasha you certainly are not the only one. Between my second (he died) marriage and my third I stayed celibut for 14 years. Then married thinking I needed sex and looked forward to it BUT was wrong, he was unable or unwilling who knows? So actually I have been celibut for over 20 years and date and have a very active social life not missing anything....A good friend of mine and I met the same man at the same time and he and she dated and had sex. I said no and that if thats what he wanted then "bye bye, see ya!" Well the good Lord was watching ovewr me because this was the only man my friend slept with and she has recently tested positive for HIV at the age of 50 something. Think about this the next time you have a hankering for some slap and tickle. Buy a vibrator, they work well and do not infect you or cheat on you either. [Eek!]

#69676 - 08/05/05 06:11 AM Re: Dating....
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
Gosh, Chatty...what a story! I've been happily married for 31 years....but how scary what happened to your friend! Thank goodness you had the good sense and intuition not to follow her footsteps.
As a boomer, I have to say...the dating scene sure isn't what it was in the 60's. Today it could be a deadly encounter. Very scary!

#69677 - 08/05/05 05:54 PM Re: Dating....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Don't you just love all of Leigha's messages? They always inspire me.

I once went out with my girlfriends and this guy asked me to dance and it was a slow dance and he basically was trying to hump me on the dance floor and when I pulled away the idiot said, "Oh, I get it. You're involved with someone." Like that would be the only reason I wouldn't let some stranger rub against me.

Thank you, Jesus, that I'm not single anymore.

#69678 - 08/05/05 11:49 PM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I can relate to that Diane, I've met my share of those who only are interested in playing around.

Today I've spent some time sorting through old family pictures, with the intent of giving them out to the appropriate "branches" of cousins, etc.

As a result of that I'm in a very nostalgic mood. And for the first time in a LONG time, am wondering if I'd like to have another relationship with a decent man. Somebody tell me to come to my senses!

Whirlwind

#69679 - 08/06/05 04:06 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you can ever find a decent man, grab him, cherish him and hold on for dear life...but alas they are as hard to find as a dinosaur!! [Frown]

#69680 - 08/06/05 09:30 PM Re: Dating....
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
They are out there and they're as scarce as hen's teeth. But they ARE out there. Just be yourself and KNOW what YOU are looking for.
Good luck and keep us posted. Oh!...and sometimes it happens when you quit looking [Roll Eyes]
chick

#69681 - 08/06/05 09:39 PM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
LOL Chickadee. I haven't been looking for a long, LONG time. Can't believe I've already lived alone for almost six years now. And have enjoyed 98% of it.

Don't laugh, but I can see myself in a "Golden Girls" arrangement with girlfriends much better than I can see myself married again.

I WOULD like to find a few compatible travel companions though, male or female. The friends I have either have no similar interests when it comes to vacations (I love the outdoors), or else they have no money and therefore can't go anywhere.

Whirlwind

#69682 - 08/10/05 03:52 AM Re: Dating....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
whirlwind, you are so smart to embrace your singlehood. I wish women would also embrace their marriages too!

My group of friends that I've known since first grade often talk about doing the Golden Gril type arrangement. We never know what lies ahead, but it's fun having options.

#69683 - 08/11/05 07:24 AM Re: Dating....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have a divorced girlfriend who joined Match.com and although she hasn't made any real connections yet, she's met a lot of interesting men and had a ton of dates. Keeps her out of trouble. [Big Grin] She always meets them during the day in public places. She's having a ball.

#69684 - 08/10/05 08:39 PM Re: Dating....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've been single and married and divorced and remarried and whatever. I loved being single and I love being married.

Not that I am always blissful by any means, but when I can find the good in my situation and embrace whatever is given to me, I am most content.

Single can be a lot of fun, especially if you can find a travel partner. I faced the same problem when I was single. Women my age were either still working or broke. I never found a solution for that. Maybe there's a website.
smile

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved