The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#69263 - 10/22/05 01:59 AM Re: doing things alone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vannie, Wish I lived near you (I'm in SC) as I have the same problem! Also, my nick name (one of them) is "Vonnie"!

#69264 - 10/22/05 03:10 AM Re: doing things alone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You sound like me but somehow no matter where I go, someone always talks to me. I guess I smile alot and its catchy. I don't wait for anyone either and go out by myself if I have to. One good thing is not having to listen to anyone bitch and moan about the show, movie or the food as so may people like to do. Me I like everything and if not, keep it to myself and not try to ruin everyone good time. I would rather be alone than with downers....

#69265 - 10/28/05 03:22 AM Re: doing things alone?
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Gosh, I'm finding myself so content alone, it's unfamiliar territory!!! After 8 years since divorce, thinking I'd find MR. RIGHT, and exhausting myself emotionally, I'm happier alone! I'm not bitter or angry at the male race, just tired and wary. Gosh, it feels SO GOOD to go thru my day of teaching and then come home to my nice house without anxiety!!! Hey, I actually enjoy eating out by myself, and always have!
Does this sound like I'm defeated? Well, probably, but the alternive for me is not worth it!
ARI

#69266 - 10/28/05 04:18 AM Re: doing things alone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds more like you've begun to take charge of your own life and happiness and realize no one can be truly happy unless she/he is happy with themselves first. Defeated, I think NOT!!!! [Wink]

#69267 - 10/28/05 07:28 AM Re: doing things alone?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
areadne54,

Good Grief!

Defeated? Sounds to me like you've found what everyone needs to find BEFORE they think they're in LOVE !! In my mind, you're in the perfect spot. I agree with Chatty - Hurrah for you. Now if we could only teach this to the 20=somethings.....

Searcher

#69268 - 10/28/05 04:17 PM Re: doing things alone?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Ari, I agree with Searcher. To me, it looks like your life is balanced and that's a good thing!

Daisygirl

#69269 - 10/28/05 06:02 PM Re: doing things alone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ari, have to add my two cents. You have found peace within. Do you know how many people don't even know that exists because they are so busy searching for happiness through others and material stuff? Three cheers for Ari!

#69270 - 10/28/05 06:35 PM Re: doing things alone?
TheCzarina Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi, everybody. I'm new & I love this site & I love this topic!! I feel like many of you have been following me around because you are telling so many of the "secrets" that I have spent a lifetime learning, the hard way. I'm an extreme introvert and have always felt ashamed of craving being alone. A few years ago, I took the Meyers-Briggs from a professional, who explained that that was just the way I was born. Finally, I felt like I had permission to be the real me. Since then, one of the most important things that I've learned about myself is that I don't get lonely. If I am alone long enough, I do get bored. Then I go looking for someone to play with; never hard to find. This has been one of the most valuable lessons of my entire life.
PS. I've been married 3 times, the last time for 25 years. Divorced 2 years ago. Every time I got married, about 3 months into it, I asked myself, "Why in the world did you do this?" Never got a good answer, except that "married" is what respectable grown-ups do. I have now accepted that not only am I a confirmed introvert, but I am not and will never be a respectable grown-up. Ah, yes, freedom.....

#69271 - 10/28/05 09:24 PM Re: doing things alone?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, TheCzarina! Interesting screen name! Hope you stick around and get into the flow.
Married 3 times? Yikes, I'm having enough trouble with the 1 [Big Grin]
I'm an introvert myself, which I always thought meant shy, but have come to discover means enjoying solitude. I don't get much of it, though. I like what you said about not getting lonely, but getting bored. You hit the nail on the head. I usually feel the most lonely in a crowd, never when alone...
Again, welcome!
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

#69272 - 10/28/05 09:26 PM Re: doing things alone?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I kept hitting the smiley because it didn't seem to be working! I'm not THAT happy today. [Wink]

[ October 28, 2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Western Bluebird ]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved