The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#61449 - 06/27/04 10:41 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
DonnaJ... I went to your site, LOVED, HELLO, Loved it, and I'll be checking in often.

I should have checked it out sooner... and really should have looked at it yesterday morning. I wouldn't have spent half my day being afraid of the paint, which, as it turned out was really dumb because I got lots of stuff done. My red chest of drawers now has a HUGE black-eyed Susan that spills from the top to the front with a couple of oversized leaves that spill from the bottom to the top. And my door that we salvaged from my "crap-on-the-road" now sports a young person looking up and pointing at the moon. It was so much fun and so peaceful for me.

I am ever amazed at God in his wisdom. I've actually quit trying to figure out (well... for the most part) how God is going to do something, or work something around.

I'm pretty much content to be right where I'm at and try to find out what I'm supposed to be learning at the time. [Wink] But then sometimes I forget.

Anyway, your thoughts are very well put. Thank you.

Kate [Razz]

#61450 - 06/29/04 04:49 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Kate, thanks for checking it out AND the compliments. I'm so glad the message for the today was so timely! [Big Grin]

Your painting sounds so whimsical. I haven't painted in a while. Makes me want to try it again.

Thanks!

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#61451 - 07/07/04 06:42 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone! I think Blogspot has been overloaded or something. At any rate, I hope it's straightened out.

I added a guestbook to the site. Chatty has already come by and signed in! You're welcome to do that and add your website to the entry.

I put a place at the bottom where you can put a prayer request, too. I'm going to try to put some of them on occasionally along with praise reports.

Thanks again!

Donna

#61452 - 07/07/04 12:35 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Praise reports...great idea. So often we may requests and forget to give thanks when our prayers are answered. [Wink]

#61453 - 07/08/04 01:56 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I signed your guestbook too! Happy writing!

#61454 - 07/08/04 05:08 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thank you, 'Songbird'! I appreciate it.

Yes, Dotsie, I intend to put the prayer requests up on Mondays, and praise reports on Fridays when I can. I keep two lists myself. I started that several years ago, when I got really convicted about always asking and then forgetting to praise the Lord. I think I already have a couple devotionals related to that. I guess I'm preachin' to myself! LOL!

Donna

#61455 - 07/08/04 06:15 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna, I preach to myself too! [Wink] I think we all do. We need convincing!

#61456 - 07/08/04 09:52 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Yes indeed. We do preach to ourselves, and don't worry... There is nothing wrong with it [Smile] .

Remember that what is helpful to us may be helpful for others as well.

So, as the Holy Spirit impresses us to write these messages, we shouldn't be afraid to feel like preaching to ourselves!

After all... If a preacher does not apply the Scripture to himself first, how can he preach?

Remember your article "Writing For One"? So, take courage and write away! [Smile]

#61457 - 07/11/04 07:49 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Songbird, you gave me an idea, and I re-worked my blog on writing as a devotional on mine called "An Audience of One."

I posted praise reports today.

Please pray for my brother. After I posted the praise about his coming through the surgery, I got a call from my sister, and he's taken a turn for the worse. I just talked to her again, and the doctors are throwing around phrases about his liver and kidneys. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. His name is David.

Also - thanks to all of you who signed the guestbook!

Donna

#61458 - 07/11/04 04:17 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna: I'm praying for David. He's in God's hands. Hope he's better soon!

David's an easy name for me to remember. My youngest son is David too.

I always include the prayer requests that my forum friends have when I pray.

Glad you posted a devotional on such an important topic. May God continue to bless you and your writing!

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved