The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#55974 - 12/04/05 01:17 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
No to Hillary; Yes to Condi. I don't find anything Hillary says or writes, that impressive.
I read "Living History" by Hillary Rodham Cinton and was NOT awe-inspired. On the other hand, when Condi speaks, I listen.
brose [Wink]

Before you jump on this, I know. I know. Hillary didn't write the darn book; many other writers, wrote it for her!

[ December 03, 2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: bonnierose333 ]

#55975 - 12/04/05 02:34 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I think you hit the nail on the head, Bonnierose. Hillary does not inspire me...I think Condi could. Bill didn't inspire me either, but W does!

#55976 - 12/04/05 04:00 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I did not read this entire thread but I bet it was interesting!

No to Hilary and yes for Condi. She is getting her feet very wet in her current position.

I read an article years ago when Bush first became Prez. It said he had 3 women that advised him personally. None held cabinet positions they just hads his ear. They were with him after 9/11 and influenced his speech to the public shortly after. Any man who has three women advising him personally, can't be all that bad!

Lynn

#55977 - 12/04/05 04:16 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Oh IT was interesting!!! If you have an hour or two, go back and read it!!

#55978 - 12/04/05 04:25 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Vi Offline

About the hormone issue. Many men are on testosterone overload. Studies have been done on men in prison who have committed the most violent crimes. They found that those men had very high levels of testosterone. So what does that tell you about men and war....

#55979 - 12/04/05 04:41 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Very good point, Vi!

#55980 - 12/04/05 04:49 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Just checked out your website, Vi. I love your paintings!! Your website has so much on it and I don't have time to look at it all right now, but I will go back again.
BTW - I love having a face to go with the name. You are beautiful and do not look a day over 30. You must live very healthy.

#55981 - 12/04/05 05:44 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

Vi, I read that too about men in prison and high testosterone levels.

See why I think we could do no worse with a woman in the White House?

#55982 - 12/09/05 07:14 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
kozmikgal Offline

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I absolutely would vote for Hillary Clinton. I assume we'd get "two for one" as we did when we elected Bill. I don't think she's the best candidate next time around, though. Too controversial. We want to WIN, remember?!!!

#55983 - 01/14/06 05:11 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Not in a million years. For one thing, I lived in Little Rock, Arkansas during the governance of the Clintons, right after gov. Whit lost the election.
They (the Clintons) were in like flint with Reynolds Aluminum and Tyson chicken. They LET Tyson dump chicken poop into the Arkansas river and Reynolds aluminum dump waste into the Arkansas river, just because they were old dubs...
The White Water incident got swept under the rug much too quickly and with the deftness that Hollywood money can procure.
I don't believe for one minute that Hillary is the "goofey" geek that the news media tries to portray her as in her private life, using expletives such as "gosh" and "gee whiz". I think she is a coniving, devious snake who would lead this country down the final path to our destruction.
While I greatly admired Margaret Thatcher as a leader, Hillary seems to be a power hungry tigress who would rip a guy's balls off, just to get what she desires, which in my opinion is presidency. Achieving that would do several things for Ms. Clinton...she would get back at Bill, whose womanizing ways are widely known. She would at least gain his attention if not his grudging admiration. She would "show" all those bimbos who attended her husband. She would gain an adrenaline rush of power as first woman president and positioning with other gender world leaders.
I think she is VERY gender conscious which could compromise an already fragile equality between the sexes.
Last, I don't think she is qualified to run the most powerful country in the world.

Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved