The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#55667 - 02/01/06 11:59 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Well, as I know the story, she was engaged to be married to Joseph, which in that society was the same as being married only the marriage hadn't been consumated as indicated by the throwing down of the marriage sheet.
However, why would Mary and Joseph leave their other children and go looking for the one they finally found in the temple teaching the older men as an adult during the time of taxation?
Mary was about 12 yrs. old when she was bethrothed to Joseph and just after she was old enough to conceive when she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
It is of no importance what-so-ever either way to the historical and religious impact of the reason and reality of Christ and his ministry whether or not Mary remained a virgin.
She is of little consequence in the big plan except that she was the vehicle by which God came into the world. Maybe as an example of chastity and to show the suffering every mother has to bear who has children, but to assume that she is the mother of God is an insult to the almighty.
If it were true that Mary was on equal ground with God the father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit would imply a four-sided God instead of a Trinity...

#55668 - 02/02/06 12:17 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

I think we're getting into a whole 'nother' category here though and to me it isn't relevant. I think we should just agree to disagree or something and go on to other topics and I do apologize for yet another possible flap.
Sorry all. I'll keep my unpopular beliefs to myself.

#55669 - 02/02/06 01:19 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
No one said she was on equal footing with the Almighty. And if you believe that Jesus is truly God, then you had better believe she was the mother of God. In Luke chapter 2, it doesn't say that Mary and Joseph left any children to go find Jesus. And you still can't ignore the fact that John took Mary into his home - something that wouldn't have happened in a Jewish family, if there were other children.
Number5, you don't have to keep your beliefs to yourself! I'm not upset about this discussion. I just like to clear up misconceptions that people have about the Catholic church. I used to have them myself.

[ February 01, 2006, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#55670 - 02/17/06 11:09 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Recently I was in a store that had "christmas"
cards on sale. I went through a load of boxes.
I could not find one! that said Merry Christmas!! It was awful! This past season, when the clerk would say Happy Holidays - I said Merry Christmas - so many whispered "Merry Christmas to you too"! I refuse to say Happy Holidays - and if, eventually , I have to make my own cards...I will! So There!!!

#55671 - 02/17/06 07:33 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

you go Sandi!! I'm composing my cards for next Christmas right now...

Its that kind of grit that will keep Christ in Christmas. Maybe if enough people boycott Walmart and all the other stores and make Christmas a celebration of the birth of Christ instead of a celebration of the pocketbook and materialism, a huge message would go up to those who need to hear it.

#55672 - 02/17/06 07:41 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
ladybug Offline

If you shop for your Christmas cards at one of the Christian book stores you won't have a problem with finding what you want. I can almost assure you they sell none that say Happy Holidays.

#55673 - 02/17/06 07:44 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

Good idea, Ladybug. I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of that.

#55674 - 02/17/06 09:17 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
ladybug Offline

I think if you don't have one of these types of stores around you really wouldn't think of it. The one in our town went out of business but there's another one close by.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved