The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#54782 - 02/20/06 08:23 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Well, here I go again...Hi Ladybug and Searcher, I really like both of you and Norma and Chatty and ALL...you are all such wonderful ladies!! Your opinions and replies, the research you do and so many things give me just a little insight into who and why and where you are and where you are coming from.

Searcher,I'm the oldest of 5 children and my parents encouraged dinner table discussions and we were all allowed to voice our opinions and it just got livelier and livelier. We all enjoyed it immensely and we all miss those times.

From what I've been able to glean from what little study I've done. The conflict between the Israelis and the Arab nations stems from the promise to Abraham and Sarah of a son and that Abraham would be the father of many nations. Then they got beyond child bearing years and Sarah gave Abraham her handmaiden, Tamar, who conceived and gave birth to Ishmael. Ismael was Abraham's firstborn but not the promised son. Then Sarah got pregnant with Isaac, the promised son, jealousy erupted between the two and Abraham eventually had to send Tamar and Ishmael out into the desert to live. There has been enmity between the two nations ever since. Also, we as Chrsitians are admonished that we will be judged as a nation by how we deal with Israel. We should always give preferential treatment to Israel and handle them prayerfully as they are God's chosen people and we are his adopted children. He doesn't love us any less. As a matter of fact, we are so very precious in His sight because when his own chosen people rejected His Son, we welcomed him with open arms and spread the gospel. His chosen ones had him killed, which unknown to them, they played right into God's plan to fulfill redemption for all and to open up a new period of grace and forgiveness.

In the final days of time, Russia, China, Korea, Turkey, Iran, Iraq and other middle eastern nations will ban together and fight against Israel in the last and final battle of mankind. Watch the alliances nations are making with eachother. See what nations help each other out and sell nuclear weapons to each other.

For sure though, all eyes are on the prize, which is Israel because they have natural resources galore and because of the Temple Mount which is the holiest of holy places in the world and the most highly disputed.

#54783 - 02/20/06 08:52 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
ladybug Offline

Hi ladies, please, no need to apologize for your posts. This is what BWS is about, helping us educate each other.

My thanks go to all of you who have educated me.

Now Norma, I wonder what the Italians did with their family members who had mental health issues?

#54784 - 02/22/06 08:46 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
the security for 6 major US sea ports is to be put into the hands of foreign islamic government's
security company ?????????

8 seaports according to some reports, the other 2 being in texas, where apparently 40% of US military supplies are shipped from ??????????

what the heck is going on ??????

[ February 21, 2006, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#54785 - 02/21/06 09:29 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
ladybug Offline

Just checked this news on line Norma and 92% of Americans voted (on AOL's poll) against this lunacy. Maybe our government has totally lost its mind on this one folks.

#54786 - 02/21/06 09:39 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
ladybug Offline

Norma, also on further checking New York governor Pataki appears to be very concerned and is exploring all legal avenues to block this action as are a few other governors of affected sea ports. Some of them said they were never even notified in advance of this action.

Democratic senators Robert Menendez and Hillary Rodham Clinton will introduce legislation prohibiting the sale of port operations to foreign governments.

#54787 - 02/21/06 10:20 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
norma Offline

from what i read through news reports many democrats and republicans are trying to block this, but C.Rice seems to think it will be secure and is acceptable ......

all the best to your people eh....

[ February 21, 2006, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

#54788 - 02/21/06 10:28 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Number5, I agree with you about how the world treats Israel - God said to Abraham "I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those that curse you". Gen. 12:3
Are you on the mailing list for the Jerusalem Prayer Team?

Leaving the security of our ports in the hands of the UAE seems like insanity (and suicide) to me.

#54789 - 02/21/06 10:32 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My understanding is that the port security has always been handled by foreign companies. It is very likely this would not be a security risk, as this transaction has been studied by some committee. However, it still makes me a little queasy.

Daisygirl

#54790 - 02/21/06 10:38 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
norma Offline

from what i can gather Daisy, the security was handled before by a foreign company, which was british owned, but that company was sold last week to this 'dubai' company which is owned by the government of the United Arab Emirates .....
i sure dont blame you for being 'queasey' ....

#54791 - 02/21/06 10:48 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
IMO a company from Great Britain couldn't be a whole lot safer than the UAE. In fact, we have enemies in every country in the world. I bet there isn't a company in the U.S. that could handle such a huge job, except maybe Haliburton.......they can do anything.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved