The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#54434 - 03/11/06 10:13 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
It breaks my heart when I think that my son lived the first 25 years of his life - a lie. If living a 'hetero' life could have changed him - I would not be visiting this thread now.

I wish I could post of picture of my two boys and let you decide if you can tell which one is gay. I've done just that with friends and no one has picked the correct one.

He played sports, he dated girls, he really wanted to be something that he was not. I will never forget the night that we sat on the front curb of our home, while he cried like a baby. At 25 years of age, he finally told me what I already knew. He was afraid that we would disown him (which is not all that unusual.) I cradled his 6'2" shoulders and just held him tight while he cried out all of the pain that he had held in for so long.

My husband did have a difficult time for awhile. He wanted desperately to think that it was always just a phase. But, he has come miles in accepting and showing his love to his son. He's his greatest supporter now.

He is now - finally happy. He is working in an industry that embraces him for who he is. He's finding his way - which you'd expect most 32 year old men have already done, only the first 25 years didn't count.

I hope and pray that he will find someone to share his dreams with. The same as I pray for my heterosexual son. Why should one be denied anything that the other is not.

#54435 - 03/11/06 10:18 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What a beautiful post. You're so inspiring.

My ex BIL also tried to be something he wasn't. Obviously, he could have sex with my sister as they had two sons (which made me question, is he really bi-sexual?).

Anyway, he married trying to cover his sexual orientation and he became severely depressed at one time and said it was because one of his patients had died but my sister later discovered it was because he had his first male affair.

I'm so happy that your son was able to let you know and live the life he needs. To do otherwise, would be such a tragedy.

#54436 - 03/11/06 10:55 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thank you Casey for your kind words. I DO care and wish beyond wishing I had an answer, but I don't. (surprise, surprise)

There are many things that I have changed my views on as I have studied and learned, such as drinking isn't wrong, just drinking to excess. There are other things which I won't burden you with, but I believe the reason not many would boycott a movie about alcoholics falling in love, ie. "War of the Roses.." or two depressed people, although there have been movies made featuring depressed alcoholic drug users in relationships....LOL is a simple reason:

There is a grand design for the survival, health and existence of our world. I didn't invent it. I don't control it. I don't monitor it. It is demonstrated for us in the trinity. The family of God, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit with Mary as the mother of Christ. They are a family. There is a male, female, and the two equal procreation. It works. We who love and serve God are described as the Bride of Christ. Throughout scripture God exclaims how he hates the sin of homosexuality but gave his own son to die for the homosexual to make a way to a perfect God through him, because it goes against the very nature of God's holy design. He says in the last days of our world, women would lie with another woman as with a man losing their lives in the very depths of their lust for each other and ignoring the laws of nature.

I didn't make it up and those who design their own religions around homosexuality are no different than the ancients religions but have no resemblance to Christianity. God is not a man that He should lie and He can't and won't go against his own word.

Its not hate, its not judgemental, its stated for a fact in both the old and new testaments. I didn't make it up. I'm sorry for anyone who has this problem in their family and for the results it will bring to them from one generation to the next. I'm truly sorry for all of us. I'm not happy for the same sex couple or for their families because I know it will bring nothing but heartache and pain to them from one generation to the next.

The results of sin is death and I'm never happy about that. There IS hope and many have found their way out of homosexuality but it takes a strong faith in God and the knowledge that for their own good and for the good of their mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and all their family members, they need to fight it and give their whole being, heart mind and soul the the one who created them in the image of himself. He never meant for anyone to be homosexual. He is the God of love not confusion.

I'm not going to comment any more on this subject as I don't think I could make it any more clear. I care deeply about anyone and all who have a dear one who has this problem. My heart goes out to you, but I can't, won't and never will condone it, sanction it, or say it is normal or natural.

That's my belief and I'm holding to it.

#54437 - 03/11/06 11:08 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Thank you, Number 5, for your words. I appreciate your willingness to express them and respect your decision to not comment further. I believe you are right that you have expressed it to the best of your ability.

Peace and joy in life.

#54438 - 03/11/06 11:19 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
For all of us:
We have (at least) two very different beliefs, both coming from loving hearts. I doubt very much that anyone will convert their belief in the near future. :--))
So, how do we get along? How can we keep sweet dialogue rather than angry words? How do we live in a country of different beliefs where laws are made which favor one side or another, and each side believes they are right?
I believe we must start with loving hearts and lots of listening to the other. I believe we must disagree in the light of peace; disagreeing with a belief, perhaps, but extending our love to the person with the belief. I feel this is the basis for our humanity and hope.
Thoughts?

#54439 - 03/12/06 12:13 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Well put Casey..... in my opinion, we have no other option.

#54440 - 03/12/06 12:26 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I agree, Casey. I love to read about the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of others. It makes me stop and think.

I feel we've done a great job here. Most if not all, posts have been in a loving tone.

Only then, can we appreciate each other and come to an understanding.

#54441 - 03/12/06 02:14 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is a saying I think might serve us all well here:

If you want others to be happy, show compassion. If you want to be happy, show compassion.

#54442 - 03/12/06 08:34 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well put, Chatty, (I'm happy to see you on board here) Norma, and Dianne.

#5, I could not disagree with you more. I still respect your opinions, and hope you can respect mine. I absoulutely know where you are coming from. I , at one time in my life, was a "born again Christian" , embracing all that you believe. In the coming years, I found that I began to deviate from these beliefs. At the present time, I believe that there is a Harietta, or God - as you may place a name upon the Universe at Large - but I do not believe that this same God can put such Divine judgement on sweet, innocent, and loving people, who happen to be "Gay" or "Lesbian" . From where do you get your "Divine" instruction? The Bible gives precious few direction on this subject.

Forgive me for my insight, but I truly believe you are being led by others.....not your own personal research.....In addition, I find it deplorable that any one is ready to "crucify" someone of a different idealism.

Search

#54443 - 03/12/06 11:55 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Peacetrain Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi, everybody. I'm new here and don't know if I'll be staying around, but I happened on this discussion and Number5's comments got to me. Please try some tolerance if not approval. I thought Searcher's comments were really interesting. Would love to hear more about Harietta.

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved