The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#38429 - 09/16/04 07:05 AM Re: New and encouraged!
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
What a warm welcome! And now I have to ask that you don't laugh. Ha! You know, the newbie in town can't quite figure it all out. Anyway, I knew I had posted and everytime I returned to the forum, I couldn't find my post (okay...so, it was on page 2!!!) Although quite bright (is that another ha!), I couldn't figure it out:). So, tonight (two or was that three days later)...I discovered the problem. I found my post and your supporting posts and well...all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you.

The book is a work in progress, but should be available this spring. I'm a Mississippi girl. Queen JawJaw will completely understand where I'm coming from because our places of origin are so very much alike. My book is about cultural (specifically, the Southern culture) influences on women and how this impacts women--specifically our abilities to make choices and respond to our inner knowing.

I'm thrilled to have found a group (meaning you!) that will support me in my endeavor. Courage is not something I have always had (again Queen JawJaw will understand).

And, I have to sign off with my new favorite line..."Ah, yes it's good to be queen!"

#38430 - 09/16/04 05:09 PM Re: New and encouraged!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Allyn, there are lots of southern, women writers online. I'll try to remember to send you their sites as I come across them. [Wink]

#38431 - 09/16/04 06:55 PM Re: New and encouraged!
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi Bluerose! I recently joined as well and have never met such a supportive, wonderful group of women in one place. And Georgia (Queen JJ), whom you just "met" is one of the funniest and warmest women around. Truly, I'm in awe of all these ladies. In terms of being an aspiring writer, another group I recommend is the IWWG, the International Women's Writing Guild. Dotsie's got a link to them on her "links" page. The bottom line is that, if you need it, there's lots of support and encouragement and honesty here. [Wink]

#38432 - 09/17/04 03:18 AM Re: New and encouraged!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
For AT LEAST 20 years starting at age 19 or 20, on my birthday I wore this ensemble consisting of a rhinstone tiara, pink patent leather 5" platform shoes, a silver wand (large cardboard Jewish star taped to a dowel, all covered in aluminum foil) and what I labelled my Pat Boone Virginity Prom Dress, one of those 1950's numbers with the voluminous crinolines and plastic spangles on the bodice -- white of course, hence the "virginity" part -- that a friend found at a thrift shop. OK, I've already mentioned that I'm a little weird. I stopped wearing this when I could no longer zip the dress.

For the next 10 years it was the same tiara, but with a leopard print spandex catsuit. No platform shoes either.

Now the tiara has fallen apart, and a new one just won't do. But I still make a big deal about my birthday every year: If I don't, who will??? For my 50th I was selling at a crafts fair and I told EVERYONE who asked "How are you?" (Ha!!! little did they know...) that it was my half-century, so a bunch of people came back to my booth with little gifts and food that they purchased just for me!! [Big Grin]

See, sometimes it pays to be a little crazy [Wink]

so all those years I definitely musta been a Queen, but now that the tiara has gone south, can I graduate to Goddess?

#38433 - 09/17/04 03:57 AM Re: New and encouraged!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Honey....you are...why do you think we call you THE DIVINE Ms M?

JJ

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved