The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 217 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#36707 - 02/13/05 04:59 AM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

You've got to try it! If you love scrabble - you will love playing online. It's a way to play when nobody at home wants to play! sniffles!

We'll have to wait for meredith to tell us another way to play..or you go to yahoogames.com check out the game "litterati" sign in and play with a stranger!

D.

#36708 - 02/15/05 06:45 AM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Danita, the game is set up! You play turns via email. I opted out of "word finder" which is the onliune cheat dictionary.

Everyone else: go to any of the links I gave above. The games are really easy to start. You can play with any # of players, as long as you have their email. Only one person sets the game up, and you can't add additional players after that.

When your opponent plays their move, you SHOULD get an email telling you. You play via email, not in real time. It's important to keep one email with your game link, because sometimes (although not often) you may not get the next email saying it's your turn to play. That way, you can always find your game from the link. (and if you lose it, you will NEVER find your game...)

Dotsie, it's soooooo easy!

If anyone else wants to play me, I give fair warning: I'm pretty good [Razz]

#36709 - 02/15/05 07:33 PM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the encouragement ladies, but I'm pressed for time. Maybe in a couple years when the kids leave home.

#36710 - 03/24/05 09:41 PM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
Danita Offline

I love yahoo "Litterati" (which is scrabble). It is awesome!

go to: yahoo games, then to literati.

Meridith, I still want to play you! We just have to get it together!

danita

#36711 - 03/25/05 10:31 AM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

DJ, PixiePit and BugCafe are still going strong. See my links above.

Danita, Ya gotta email me about WHEN if you can't do the email thing, which is what these sites are.

#36712 - 03/25/05 06:57 PM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
Danita Offline

Meredith,

Let's set a date and time for once a week. Last time we tried I couldn't get into the rooms (my computer was acting funky)

I am on Mtn. time. Early a.m.s are really good for me..how about you?

I will go to litterati and try to get in!

(we can have 2 additional players join us!)

Danita

#36713 - 03/28/05 09:57 AM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Uh-oh. I'm Pacific time. I eat breakfast 10am or so, done by 11am, which is noon by you and probably not within your parameters of "early morning." Then I usually do chores for a few hours and don't get online until lunch which is 3pm.

#36714 - 04/08/05 06:43 AM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
quote:
Originally posted by LadySims:
I am guessing that playing a PC Game would be classified as a Hobby because of all the hours & enjoyment I get out of it. I got "Hooked" on THE SIMS PC Game a few years ago & just LOVE how Maxis ADDS Expansion Packs to it each year. I have all but one now, totaling 7(Disks). My Favorite thing to do in the Game is Building Houses for my Sims to live in.

When I initially saw your screen name, I wondered if you were a Sims player. My daughter has the game, and I occasionally play. I love building and decorating the houses. Last time I played, I created a crazy cat woman whose favorite hobby is to go to the pet store and adopt a cat.
My favorite computer game is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. With this game you can virtually ride all the rides. They're coming out with a water park expansion pack this summer. I'm chuffed.

Marie

#36715 - 04/15/05 07:31 AM Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby
Danita Offline

Hellooo out there!

Who wants to play a game of oline scrabble? It is 8:35 mountain time on Thursday....

And I'm looking for somebody to come out to play!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved