The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#26770 - 06/16/04 05:09 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Hi Agate - "rusty rainbow"...I like the imagery. It reminds me of the "soiled doves" someone else wrote about. Think there's a song in that? Rusty rainbows and soiled doves...

Many thanks to Songbird, JawJaw, Maggie, Smile & Newhope for your condolences. A fishbowl of grief, a valley of grief...that about sums it up. I'm so tired and numb that if anyone else dies, I'm going to prop them up in the corner and tell people they are just quiet.

Newhope...your prayer group leader of 20 years ago wouldn't be called Pat, eh? That reminds me of a woman I know who is a tremendous prayer warrier and teacher; she taught in CT and then Richmond, VA.

Julie - wonderful quote and very appropros!

Dotsie - may our dear Lord heap blessing upon blessing on you and your family for being willing to be a faithful servant.

Garrie - yep, headed to Moscow, Yuroslalv and the Komi Republic next month. I'm teaching cultural, heritage and ag tourism and will try and help figure out ways for folks to use the infrastructure already in place as opposed to spending a lot of money setting things in place.
Needless to say, I'll be in the boonies...what's new there?

Everyone's prayers will certainly be welcome. This is the first time I've ever needed a passport and we're headed some pretty rural places. My poor mother is beside herself but I say God can take care of me there as well as He can here. That's not to say I don't have a twinge or two...I do. It's just I'm trusting the great "I Am" more than the twinges.

#26771 - 06/16/04 05:17 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
OMIGOSH! I must have used parens because part of my note didn't come thru...

I visited a someone's website, it was mentioned in the forums, and read part of an article about "soiled doves"...very interesting. Please forgive me for not remembering the owner of the website and author of the article. I did enjoy my visit though.

#26772 - 06/16/04 10:36 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I love the meaning to the words I've just read. I chose mine, Morningstar, because I loved the movie, "Marjorie Morningstar" with Natalie Wood as the main character. Beautiful movie of a young woman coming of age.

I also like it because it was used in "Elmer Gantry" with Burt Lancaster. One of his lines was, "Love is the morning and the evening star." Loved it then, still do now.

#26773 - 06/16/04 11:23 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Toni: I love that "Morningstar" name. I've always related it with Jeus, the morning star...

#26774 - 06/17/04 01:23 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Songbird,

What a beautiful thought--Jesus as the 'morningstar.' What truth and meaning!

I'll always think of that now when I see 'morningstar.'

#26775 - 06/17/04 01:44 AM Re: Boomer screen names
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Thistle,
How odd - the prayer group leader's name IS Pat but she's always lived in Maryland!

#26776 - 06/22/04 03:58 AM Re: Boomer screen names
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
let's see... I'm Meredith and I do beadwork. 4+ years ago when we got the computer and I had to think of an email, Meredith, Meredith1, Meredith2, etc. were all taken. I quit looking when I arrived at Meredith17 and decided to go another route. Meredithbead was AVAILABLE and it stuck. I kinda like it anyhow.

#26777 - 07/11/04 05:22 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Songbird Offline

Stormy, Lala and others: [Razz] Come on! Give us the story behind your "names", won't you [Wink] ?

#26778 - 07/11/04 05:36 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Well the story of MY screenname isn't AT ALL interesting because it's my ACTUAL name! But my AOL screenname is junekimm because Pam Kimmell and every other variation of that was already taken......UNFORTUNATELY, because of the junekimm screenname, a LOT of people call me June. Now that's not SO bad because June is in fact my middle name! CONFUSED? HAHA [Razz] [Razz]

#26779 - 07/11/04 05:42 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Songbird Offline

Pam: You know what? I suspected that, but never asked!! [Big Grin] .

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved