The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#26860 - 06/07/05 11:31 AM Re: Boomer screen names
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hey Ya'll.

When I started reading this thread it was only 6 pages and since then it's turned into 8 ... no, only joking.

What a great way to get to know folks here which is a good thing since I'm kinda new. But I feel like I've come home.

Great to see some ladies from Arizona. Ever hear what's considered our "official state song," "I Love You Arizona," by Rex Allen, Jr. It's an awesome song and probably sums me up just about perfect.

My screen name (ahhhhh ... sounds like I'm someone famous, huh?) -- (I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille) -- where was I? Oh yea, that name.

I've been writegirl ever since I first dipped my teeny tiny toe in the swirling waters of the internet. But, the name alone has become popular so I added 1949 on the end. Now class, can anyone guess whyyyyyyyyyy? LOL.

Anyway, I've so enjoyed reading every single post on this thread ... wayyyyyyyyy cool. Love the Oak Ridge Boys, David Bowie, Star Trek ... uh, let's see ... oh yeah, I LOVE to write.

Thanks for providing a wonderful place with women who seem to like to have fun. Or is it that we're all a little quirky ... or insane ... or just products of our environment. LOL

Blessings, Francine (named after my mother, Frances)

#26861 - 06/07/05 05:18 PM Re: Boomer screen names
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I am Unique because I am unique. Seriously, though ... I wanted a second 'screen presence' for Yahoo IM. Everything I tried was taken, take, taken. 'Oh, yeah?' I thought, 'Take THIS, then!!!" Sure enough, no one had Uniquematerial; thus the 'real me' was born on that day. So now I am, and will be forever more be known as, 'Unique Material', first & last name.

#26862 - 06/07/05 05:38 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I have lived in other places. I was even born in Alaska but I have always considered myself a Jersey Girl. As much as I dislike the traffic and rudeness, I love the diversity if the state.

Within an hour, I can be in the mountains. Within a half an hour, fishing off the shoreline with a view of the NY skyline.

Gambling, not that I go often but if I want to, AC is only 90 minutes from me.

The same with New York City. I can take a train and be there in 20 mintues or drive and sit in traffic for an hour, the choice is mine.

Unfortunately, many people only know how movies and the Sopranos depict NJ. People who are passing through are either on the Turnpike, which takes you through the industrial areas, or the Parkway, which is a nice road but it bypasses the towns so you don't get to see anything.

#26863 - 06/08/05 07:42 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Cagedbird:
I totally understand. We're glad to have you with us, with or without further explanations. [Smile] What matters most is that we are sharing here, just as we are. And we are a family. I never meant to intrude.

[Cool] And by the way, I'm proud of you, Cagedbird. You are an accomplished writer and author! My best wishes to you!

Chatty- Wow, you are a winner! [Big Grin]

Writegirl- Neat name... oh, for the love of writing! [Wink]

Unique- You are indeed, Unique! And I love your sceen name [Cool] !

JerseyGirl- It's great to be proud and loyal to our "home" state. Your love shows! [Razz]

Lynn- You are an inspiration!

I hope I didn't miss anyone [Confused]

It is interesting to read and share wether we chose a specific name just for fun or because we relate to the name in some way.

I hope this forum is a blessing for all involved.

#26864 - 06/08/05 07:51 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Cagedbird Offline

Loc: usa
Songbird, did I not miss your explanation of your name, lol?? Do you TRY 2 sing:) btw, the editor I mentioned earlier is in London, oh my! Here is where you can submit your work.
www.unheardwords.com Tell Keith, CAGEDBIRD sent you, lol! Thanks Songbird 4 the nice comments.
My username has a lot to do with Maya Angelou's poem, as most poets here have probably figured out. Writing poetry helps me feel free.
Hopefully, will have some GOOD news 2 share soon.
I have been enjoyed e-mailing you TVC150.

#26865 - 06/07/05 11:11 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Aileen Offline

Loc: Toronto
I chose to use my own name Aileen because I really like it. I find it has a nice ring to it. [Big Grin]

#26867 - 06/08/05 08:29 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Petunia Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hey, I don't want to be left out here..... you can find my explanation of "Petunia" on page 2 of "Hello from Colorful Colorado" (under Welcome)!
Thanks for explaining your names....that makes it all the more fun!

As a new one around here, I look forward to getting up to speed with posts and getting to know everyone!

#26868 - 06/08/05 05:40 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Coppertop Offline

Loc: Illinois
I chose my username because of red hair,and that was my CB handle back before cell phones and everyone had a CB in car or home

#26869 - 06/08/05 09:59 PM Re: Boomer screen names
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I love reading about why everyone chose their names. I'm glad we brought this thread back up!
(enjoy emailing with you also caged!)

#26870 - 06/12/05 05:25 PM Re: Boomer screen names
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I called myself Countrygir51 because I grew up on a farm, love the country and I was born in 1951. Not very creative, I know, but it seems to fit my personality. I'm basically a redneck woman and am married into a family of rednecks. We don't chew or spit tobacco, or any of those nasty habits, but we live as simply as we can, believe wholeheartedly in God and family, and in self reliance.
I love to drive in the countryside, exploring new roads that I have never seen before, especially those with hills and curves and lots of trees and water alongside old barns and pastures with cattle, horses and other animals. I watch vigilantly for wildlife. Seeing a family of deer or or a group of wild turkeys will make my day, and I can't take enough pictures of them. I love the mountains and if it were possible, I'd move there in a heartbeat. I long to live in the country again. I live in a rural area, in a small town of about 500 people, but would like to be on a farm or ranch someday.
So that's why I'm Countrygirl51.

Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved