The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26530 - 09/20/04 05:29 PM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thistle Cove Farm,
Welcome back. Your posts are so interesting.
Loved the bear story.
Maggie

#26531 - 09/20/04 06:17 PM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Glad to have you back safe and sound! ...And proud of the work you're doing! Every little bit counts and matters. Keep up the good work and God bless! [Smile]

#26532 - 09/20/04 08:25 PM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Lewis Grizzard says "There ain't no such thang as Toliet Paper in Russia."

Well?

JJ

R 2!

R 2!!

R 2!!!

Actually, there were 3 rolls of toilet paper in Russia...we took them.

So there!

and if I knew how to make those little instant graemlins go here...here one of 'em would be...grinning and sticking out its tongue .

Their toilet paper isn't all that bad but it does look to be re-cycled brown-ish paper and single ply. One has to be v-e-r-y careful how one wipes.

So imagine this...we're doing a hospital tour...state hospital so you can image, especially if you've been in a US state hospital...especially in some of the larger cities...anyway. We were told if we had the opportunity to ALWAYS use the bathroom when the opportunity presented itself. BTW, using the bathroom by the side of the road was called "bush service". I 'bout died laughing!

Anyway. Again. Went to use the toilet in the hospital and the woman who took us first went to her office to get her own toilet paper she kept under lock and key. That's how desperately sad the situation is there, folks. People will come to the hospital for service and while there will use the toilet and then take home the toilet paper. What we would call a vice or assistance principal of a public school earns about $150 US a month! Their situation is very poor.

I always carried two things on my person...tissues and toilet seat covers. Although I must admit the toilet seat covers didn't come in very useful as they needed to actually BE a toilet seat upon which to place the paper cover. Quite often, there wasn't.

Dave used a outside public bathroom at a wayside cafe and he said he should have used bush service. If you can imagine or remember our outdoor johnnies of many decades ago then you've got a good idea of what Dave used. Except there was no seat, just a hole in the floor with side by side feet dips in the ground where many, many feet have stood. He said he actually stood there and re-thought the process when he saw the insect activity.

UGHHHH. Yep, bush service was fine and dandy! Thank God I live on a farm; I use bush service ALL the time except I just hunker down behind a barn. We keep our weeds trimmed to low for cover...snakes you know.

#26533 - 09/20/04 08:36 PM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills

Dotsie - you are so kind and generous with your compliments, thank you from my heart! No, I had no idea so many years ago how God would use me and tourism. I actually went into tourism because I needed a break from the corporate world . I had been in cold call sales and was just burnt out and needed a break. I found out I could get student loans and grants and go back to college so that's what I did, at the age of 30 and have never regretted my decision. No, I don't think I ever would have done what I'm doing had we not bought the farm. I don't see how I could have as it's the farm that's caused me to become who I am today. I love our farm and I love farming; God has so incredibly blessed us and I'm fortunate to live here and do what I do. There will come a time when I'm not able to physically do this work but until then, I'm loving it!

My daily prayer is, "Please God, give me the strength to do the work which You've set before me." And He does.

Maggie - glad you enjoyed the bear story, it couldn't have happend to a nicer ejiit . I'm just thankful God brought me through it!

Songbird - you're right! Every little bit does help and count; we're all in this together, aren't we?

#26534 - 09/21/04 12:28 AM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thistle, you are living breathing proof that the adventure of living never ends, but increases every day. What a wonderful thing to do and a terrific adventure too.

Great bear story too.
smile

#26535 - 09/21/04 08:20 AM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
What incredible stories! Reading them, I felt like I had entered a whole 'nother world. What an amazing experience your summer has been (and aren't you glad you didn't take these trips in the WINTER?) [Roll Ey</div>

<span class=
#26536 - 09/24/04 10:15 PM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Thistle, now I know why I cam back to the forums. I've been gone all summer too. Trying to get back in. Souds like you had quite summer, too. Keep doing the good work.

#26537 - 10/01/04 04:04 AM Re: Yoo-hoo...home is the hunter, home from the hills

MB - ya shoulda been there, we wud'a had great fun! Fabulous trips both and I'm looking forward to the next big adventure.

Hey CJ - where ya been gal? I've missed you but thought of you prayerfully. Glad you're back.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved