The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#25219 - 05/19/05 04:28 AM Hello From Ohio
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hello all. I am a post-menopausal 55-year-old mother of eight, grandmother of 18 and a writer on the topic of child abuse. I also write poetry. I have four web sites that I try to keep up with now that the children are all grown and on their own! [Smile]

I live in the country on a dirt road, away from people. Although I am out going on here, I am rather shy in person. I find poetry gives me a way to share my feelings and experiences, and helps me heal.

As a child abuse survivor, it has taken me over 30 years to find the courage to speak out against child abuse. In 1999 I began writing aarticles on topics related to child abuse and have met thousands of survivors in every part of the world. One thing I find we all have in common, is a desire to reach out to other survivors and let them know they are not alone.

I belong to so many differnt sites that I may not be able to visit here a lot, but I'll try to check in once a week to keep up.

I look forward to meeting other writers and boomers who are looking for a friend in Ohio.

#25220 - 05/19/05 04:38 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome to the Boomer Women's Site, Wordcharmer. Your story sounds so familiar. I'm sure you'll find lots of friends here. Check in when you can, post when you're able. We are here for you.

#25221 - 05/19/05 05:17 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Welcome Wordcharmer. What a fantastic name! You've reached a great bunch of gals at Boomer Women Speak. Hope you have time to visit more!

I went to your website and was very touched. You did a wonderful job [Smile]

#25222 - 05/19/05 06:51 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
wordcharmer Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Vicki M. Taylor:
Welcome to the Boomer Women's Site, Wordcharmer. Your story sounds so familiar. I'm sure you'll find lots of friends here. Check in when you can, post when you're able. We are here for you.

Thank you Vicki. Friends are what I am looking for.

#25223 - 05/19/05 08:55 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
Nikki Offline

Loc: NE Arkansas
Welcome to a great circle of women. We all have our stories and this is a great place to get them out and let them die. We are always here for you.
Nikki

#25224 - 05/19/05 09:46 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome wordcharmer. Glad you found the site.

chick

#25225 - 05/19/05 04:34 PM Re: Hello From Ohio
wordcharmer Offline

quote:
Originally posted by meredithbead:
Welcome Wordcharmer. What a fantastic name! You've reached a great bunch of gals at Boomer Women Speak. Hope you have time to visit more!

I went to your website and was very touched. You did a wonderful job [Smile]

Thank you Meridith. That means a lot coming from a Poet Laureate! My poetry can be seen at two sites:

The Word Charmer's Poetry
http://www.geocities.com/wordcharmer101/

The Sacred Circle
http://www.suite101.com/myhome.cfm/thesacredcircle

I self-published my first collection of poetry two years ago.

"A Treasury of Inspirational Poetry"
http://www.virtualbookworm.com/gatheringpearls.html

I am still trying to get my children's poetry published. I did win a children's humorous poetry contest and was published in the book, "I Invited A Dragon To Dinner" from Penguin Putnam.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome. Thanks to Nikki and chickadee also.

#25226 - 05/19/05 06:48 PM Re: Hello From Ohio
Cagedbird Offline

Loc: usa
Welcome, Ohio Buckeye! I am from DAYTON, now living in Atlanta. Some of the best writers are from OHIO, including Erma Bombeck and Paul L. Dunbar. I will check out your site.
Feel free 2 e-mail me and let me know what city you are in. Just got a new website set up, I will send it 2 you. Thanks JawJaw for signing my guestbook. It isn't completely finished.
My Canadian webmaster has been having a lot of personal problems. Have a nice weekend everyone. Heading 2 Jekyll Island for a little R&R!!

#25227 - 05/20/05 07:41 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Caged, have fun. You sure get around! You lucky duck.

Wordcharmer, I love your screen name. Perfect. I'm glad to see you've landed in our neighborhood. I ilke how you've already figured out how to look at other's sites. You go g irl.

I received the info to add your link to our site. They should appear within two weeks. LIfe is full since sending the newsletter. We're still playing catch-up.

I want to hear about your 8 kids. Maybe you could post about that in the children forum. WOW. I'm from a family of 5 and I don't know how my parents did it.

#25228 - 05/20/05 05:55 AM Re: Hello From Ohio
wordcharmer Offline

Cageed Bird, I sent you an email and visited your site. Good to know others from Ohio.

Dotsie, I created the name wordcharmer because I pictured myself like a snake charmer, only as a poet trying to coax the words out! Lol!

I've been online since 1999 and have 4 sites, so I have learned how to maneuver my way around, but I just figured out how to reply without quoting!

I'll tell you about the kids here if that's ok. That way I won't get lost, since sometimes I don't know if I'm going up the stairs or down! Lol!

My husband and I each have 4 children. We raised them together for ten years until they all grew up, and it certainly was not easy! Lol! We have 5 girls and three boys, the youngest, a girl, just turned 26 and the oldest, my son, is 37. The grandchildren range in age from 1 year to 16 years old. Oh...and one more grandchild is due in July which will make 19. Makes for a lot of fun at family gatherings.

It's nice to find a place where you truly feel welcome. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved