The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#25089 - 06/04/05 03:01 AM HEY ... from Heidelberg
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I can't believe I found a site for boomer women. It's awesome. [Eek!]

I just joined and am still learning my way around.

I've been in Heidelberg a little over two years and we'll be leaving in March. My husband is a civilian who works for the Army and accepted a 3 year tour here.

I'm a writer as well ... journalist, photo journalist, freelancer and novelist. My novel, "Death in the Desert," is due out late this summer.

I miss my grandkids like crazy and can hardly stand to be away from the high desert [Cool] of Arizona. Fortunately, I go back about every six months -- coinciding with my grandkids birthdays. And in September I'll also have my first book signing.

We are trying to see as much of Europe as we can. Been to Venice, Ireland, France, and Poland. We want to go back to Ireland before we leave.

I love the history over here and am trying to gather as much information, do as much research, and take as many pictures as possible for future writing use.

I don't have a web site up yet ... I'm completely clueless when it comes to that stuff. But we're using a program called WebEasy ... but I gotta tell you, even with that, I struggle. Hopefully it will be up soon. Then again, soon is a relative term when it deals with my learning curve ... lol.

I'm looking forward to getting to know folks here.

This seems like a great site.

Blessings, Francine

#25090 - 06/04/05 03:03 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome to the Boomer Women forum, Francine. How great for you to travel Europe.

There are a lot of writers here amongst us, and we are very supportive.

I hope to see you around the forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

#25091 - 06/04/05 03:14 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
writegirl1949 Offline

Hi Vicky and thanks for the welcome. Just visited your web site and since it's past midnight over here in Germany, I added it to my favorites so I can return and read some of your writing. You sound like the kind of writer I like to read. I've got a contemporary suspense novel coming out later this year that deals with illegal immigration issues in Arizona.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking out the site and getting to know folks.

Blessings, Francine

#25092 - 06/04/05 03:54 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Francine and Welcome! Webeasy, yeah right! I made my website in January, and doing it myself about drove me crazy! There is so much to learn. But now, the maintenance is easy. Good luck. I've lived in Arizona. Glad you found us boomers! Love and Light, Lynn

#25093 - 06/04/05 04:14 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Welcome Francine,

I was stationed in Italy for 3 yrs...we so loved touring Europe, and especially Germany as it is the antithesis of Italy!

Welcome to the Boomer group!

hugs,
danita

#25094 - 06/05/05 04:06 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
writegirl1949 Offline

Thanks for the welcome ... and thanks for the sympathy Lynn. I'm taking a break but will be back to work on it Monday ... although I'd rather be writing. LOL.

Where were you in Italy Danita? We visited Venice last year and I fell in love with it. Stayed on Lido Island. But so far, Ireland has captured my heart.

Blessings, Francine

#25095 - 06/05/05 02:29 PM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
msdiana Offline

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
hallo von Stuttgart und Willkommen zu boomerfrauen!

i've been a part of boomers for less than a week and i'm loving it...
finally a place where someone knows just what i'm talking about!

#25096 - 06/05/05 02:46 PM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Francine! As a frequent traveler to Europe I know what you mean about "soaking up the history".....I haven't used any of the background I've made notes about in my mystery series - at least not YET - but probably will. Two of our favorite vacations involved Venice and Ireland so I know exactly why you fell in love with both of them!

Glad to have you here....I'm sure you will enjoy getting to know all the wonderful Boomers ladies here.....As Vicki has said, there are a LOT of writers among us!!

#25097 - 06/05/05 02:51 PM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
writegirl1949 Offline

Hey Diana, we're practically neighbors ... lol.

And Pam, I'm a little familiar with Warrenton ... used to live in the GREAT metropolitan area and have a friend who lives in Burke and a brother in Maryland. Hope to get back that way after I get back to the states.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the forums ... so much to see.

Blessings

#25098 - 06/05/05 03:42 PM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
msdiana Offline

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
heya francine, i was so surprised to see someone from the same part of the world [Smile]

i'm to go to heidelberg next month for a mammogram...i was hoping to get it scheduled with landstuhl instead as my husband and i go there frequently but i think we'll just make it part of the trek...
at the risk of sounding like a tourist, have you been to europa park? we took my youngest daughter's girl scout troop yesterday along with several other parents...i had a blast...it was sooo beautiful..."holland" was loaded with flowers...
we were so close to the french border (like 40km) it was tempting to just hop over to strasbourg, check into a hotel, and make a weekend of it...

we lived in the mojave for 5 years...it took getting used to it but i didn't want to leave either...the desert is still in the top 5 considerations for our retirement (next june, woo hoo!)...
i could've used all that desert sunshine during this last winter...i know there were a few days of warmth last summer but i swear the winter of 2003 just recently ended [Wink]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved