The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#24953 - 07/08/05 04:35 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Teresa ... welcome to the site. I'm a little slow at times but I eventually get around to welcoming new folks. Not that I've been here that long ... lol. This place just feels like home and I'm sure you're finding out what warm and compassionate women reside here.

Oh ... you are from Phoenix ... I just noticed. LOL. I'm in Heidelberg, Germany but Sierra Vista is my home ... near Tombstone and the Mexican border. I'll be coming back home in September for a booksigning and release of my book.

Always like to see another Arizonan.

Hugs and Blessings, Francine

#24954 - 07/09/05 07:02 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

We're called "Zonies!" Hey girl, I lived in Sierra Vista in the late 60's. Not much of a town then but they say it's really grown. I lived in Prescott and Phoenix.

#24955 - 07/09/05 02:08 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
writegirl1949 Offline

Hey, I like Zonies better. I'll have to remember that.

Sierra Vista has grown ... and continues to do so at a much faster pace than I would like.

Love Prescott ... but,like other places in Arizona, it's growing as well.

#24956 - 07/09/05 03:29 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

It's a nightmare. My sons live in Prescott but one of them works in real estate so he likes the growth. He's making a lot of money. But, more than half the town is from CA. I think the town is boring myself but then, I grew up there so I would.

#24957 - 07/09/05 11:01 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've done craft fairs outside the Courthouse in downtown Prescott, and I thought it was a pretty little town. There isn't a lot outside of downtown except suburbs. I have a friend who lives there -- a Cali transfer 10 years now -- and she loves it.

#24958 - 07/09/05 05:47 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Okay, this Arizona Dry Heat has finally gotten too close for comfort. After working all day yesterday, my husband called me to tell me we have a brush fire near our home that seems to be growing.

Long story short.........by the time I approached the area, there were so many firefighters and trucks, blocking off the street giving us nowhere to go. We sat in the car for about an hour.

I was finally able to get home, changed my clothes and on our way out to dinner......we saw MORE smoke. Another brush fire had started.

Ohhhh brother!

Too close for comfort!

Teresa

#24959 - 07/09/05 06:14 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
writegirl1949 Offline

Teresa ... I'll keep you all in my prayers. I know it's the season and it seems that each year there are more fires.

We used to camp in the national forest outside Prescott ... there's a great lake there and lots of tall pines. I wish I could remember the name of the lake, lol.

Anyway, I pray also that the monsoons come soon.

Blessings, Francine

#24960 - 07/10/05 12:25 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Thanks writegirl!

I love the monsoon season.......

Actually, at this point.....a raindrop or two would be a blessing.

Everything out here is so dry.....even my hair feels dry. geeeshhh!

#24961 - 07/10/05 12:48 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its the same here in Vegas, dry, dry, dry and funny you mentioned it but it does really make a persons hair and skin seem dryer. We had alot of fires around the 4th. goofy people not being careful. a school pretty much was destroyed.I am always still amazed at the dryness and would love to see some gentle rain. Your not too far from me Theresa living in Pheonix....we're both
"desert dwellers." [Cool]

#24962 - 07/10/05 11:10 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Hi Chatty Lady!

We have family that lives in Vegas. In fact, we are heading that way in August. Since we're only 6 hours away, we try to drive there as a mini vacation.

Teresa :-)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved