The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#24933 - 07/06/05 07:08 AM www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Hello! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Teresa Hamilton and I have published a book entitled
"The Power of Addicted Love."

Prior to the life that I now live, I was
married to a drug addict and alcoholic for fourteen years. The dysfunction and emotional pain took me on the biggest ride of my life.

After many years, I found the courage needed to
break away from it all. I was able to overcome this pain but it didn't come without a price.

This is a story about my personal
journey and the struggles I endured while setting my boundaries. It's a story about self destruction as well as survivorship.

We all have the ability to unlock our own emotional cage. Only, I needed the key in order to release myself from my own imprisonment. My story became my mission in finding that key.

I invite you to visit my website at www.thepowerofaddictedlove.com
to preview my book. It is an inspirational story to both men and women.

I truly feel that my story will help thousands of individuals.

It brings me great satisfaction in sharing my journey with individuals who find themselves living in similar situations.

Feel free to email me anytime at thepowerofaddictedlove@cox.net

I look forward to hearing from you
Teresa Hamilton

#24934 - 07/05/05 08:11 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi power, I love the music on your site. Great touch. I'm sure you've already helped women by writing your story. What year was it published? Do you have another book you're working on?

#24935 - 07/06/05 12:13 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Hello Dotsie!

Thank you! My book was just published this summer and will become "live" in 3 weeks. It's not in the bookstores yet, but will be available in over 25,000 once it's available. I am able to take "Pre-Orders" via my website.

I wrote this book because I feel that there are so many individuals who are living in my "old" shoes. I want them to know that there is help out there, there IS a way to get ourselves out of the spider web we often find ourselves in. In my case, my story covers all areas of addictions i.e alcoholism, drugs, abuse, adultery, fraud. In other words, it was me up against the zillion personalities of my ex husband.

I feel my story is such an inspiration....and look forward to sharing it with everyone!

Teresa :-)
p.s. I will be starting a "Part two" this fall. So many things happen "after" divorce.

#24936 - 07/06/05 02:32 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A book too long in the coming. But here now for all to benefit from, great job and welcome, you fit in very nicely here.... [Razz]

#24937 - 07/06/05 03:06 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Teresa,

I read the "sneak preview" and I am amazed you are living today. Bless your heart. Thank you for having the courage to come forward and share your most private hell with the world in order to help others. From what little I read, I would venture to say your book would be an excellent read. Not just for people in the same situation, but for Mother's too. You never know when they may need to help a daughter. Or even a friend?

JJ

#24938 - 07/06/05 04:34 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Hi Chatty Lady and Jaw Jaw

Thank you so very much for your kind words! I feel that many people do not have the strength to leave an abusive relationship let alone write a book about their story, hence the reason why I felt it was so important to spread my message.

Addictions touch every corner of our lives. Even if someone has never been in an abusive, addictive relationship, chances are...they know someone who has. My story has a fairytale ending.....which is sited in my book. But I had to shed alot of tears to get where I am today.

Please email me anytime! I love to hear feedback!

Teresa Hamilton

#24939 - 07/06/05 06:22 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Same here Ms T. If I can help you in any way, say the word. One thing I didn't mention and should have is that I think your site is dynamite! The graphics grabs the potential reader when they land there, and it is soooo user-friendly. Here's a basket of kudos for a job well done!

JJ

#24940 - 07/06/05 07:49 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Teresa, welcome to BWS. I'm glad you made it out alive to tell your story to help others. I went to your site and clicked on "bibliography" because I was expecting to see a reference and/or resource list. What I saw was your profile, as in biography. Do you have a bibliography page, or did I miss something? I lived in Phoenix for 15 years. Places that were dairy farms are now housing estates! Good luck with your book. Love and Light, Lynn

#24941 - 07/06/05 05:36 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Hi Lynn!

I know there are so many people living in the same shoes that I once did. It breaks my heart because I know how broken down I was at the time. It was all I could do to just brush my hair, put on makeup and put on my usual "fake" smile. I work in the legal field and I see alot of abusers behind bars. It's sickening, yet they in the right place......away from their victims.

Also, thank you for your insight regarding the bibliography page. I did not reference any resource list so I believe our webmaster decided to lable it bibliography (brief history of myself). Although, it really doesn't go into detail .....yet my book certainly does.

I will look into your book as well.....I wish there were more books like ours that were on the market while we were going through this.

Take care!
Teresa Hamilton

#24942 - 07/07/05 06:29 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

p.s. Hi Lynn

I just looked at my website again, your absolutely right! It should read "biography".......NOT bibliography. Good catch!

I looked it over a thousand times and your the first person that brought it to my attention. Thank you!

I will email our web guys to have that fixed. I'm surprised they didn't catch it!

Teresa Hamilton

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved