The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#24254 - 10/04/05 05:30 PM Re: new member
Cinenarf Offline

Loc: New York
Thank you Western Bluebird ... glad to be here! I've never been so excited about a website and I just joined a couple of hours ago. I just gotta spread the "word"!

I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY but we moved to Staten Island, NY about 30 years ago to raise our child (now 2 sons, one married, one single and available [Smile] ).

My screen name is a twist on my real name, Francine.

#24255 - 10/04/05 05:36 PM Re: new member
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Clever way to make a screen name!
Up until 11 months ago, I lived in NY - Orange County. I was born in the Bronx, though , and lived there for 7 years.

#24256 - 10/04/05 05:39 PM Re: new member
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Originally from Long Island Here!
Welcome to the boomer boards!

#24257 - 10/04/05 05:49 PM Re: new member
Cinenarf Offline

Wow ... From Upstate NY to Colorado. I imagine that was a big move for you. For years, my family and I spent weekends and weeks upstate in South Fallsburg. My in-laws were "snowbirds" and got tired of the hot Fla. summers. For years, every summer, we often visited them. For a time, my father-in-law had three horses and we'd horseback ride. That was my chance to ride bareback which I always wanted to try. Well, I did it once and loved it until I got off the horse. I walked back to the house from side to side because the sweat of the horse soaked me thoroughly and completely. Yuuch! I never felt the sweat while on the horse and I could not wait to get into the shower. Only thing was I had to wait a while ... we were short on hot water. I never rode bareback again! (But I was glad I did do it anyway) Boy, what memories!

#24258 - 10/04/05 06:00 PM Re: new member
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Let me post my welcome too. Really glad you found us. You'll love it here!

#24259 - 10/04/05 06:13 PM Re: new member
Cinenarf Offline

Thanks Everone. Shower sounds good now though. Still quiet here.

Have a day you wish for yourselves!

#24260 - 10/04/05 06:20 PM Re: new member
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
A warm welcome to all the newbies! This explosion on the site is due to the mention in Time magazine, which caused a writer to do an article about BWS. That article was picked up by approximately 20 other papers across the nation.

It is surely getting harder to keep up with everyone so what I'd like to suggest is that we don't forget about the private messaging. The little icon with the envelope and two people allows us to email one another if your email address was included when you posted. IF you connect with someone, try emailing them to touch base. Then come on back to the boards and keep sharing!

Blessings all around.

#24261 - 10/04/05 06:25 PM Re: new member
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie!
That is wonderful news about the site. I'm so happy for your success and its great meeting so many new boomer women!

#24262 - 10/04/05 11:02 PM Re: new member
nanno Offline

Loc: central wisconsin
Hello. I guess I jumped the gun and just had to write in on the homemakers forum. Let me take a minute and introduce myself. We moved from Cleveland,OH in 1988 and I once again live in Wisconsin. We have 5 children(28,26,24,22,and 20), and 3 grandsons with another one on the way. I'm 46 years old and have so many interests it's hard to keep up with all of them. "Jack of all trades and master of none!!" I saw some of the women from the group on the TV yesterday morning while I was chasing the grandson. While he was napping I decided to check out the website. I'm so glad I did. I feel so at home! My last jobs that I retired from was a Jailer and part-time florist. Now I'm at home watching some of our grandsons and doing some of my sewing and crafts,taking care of our horses,gardening,hunting,fishing,and camping whenever I can. I also have a Mary Kay business and do volunteer work for my church and I'm also on our local airport committee. We travel back and forth to Cleveland to take care our aging parents. Both of us each have one parent left and both of them are 80 years young. It makes life interesting sometimes. I'm looking forward to reading more of the forums and getting in touch with all of you. Thank you for the welcomes I already received in my previous letter on the homemakers forum. Take care and hope to be writing to you soon! Nancy

#24263 - 10/05/05 10:12 AM Re: new member
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Hi jwf and sunrise,

Glad to have both of you with us. This place is full of loving, giving, wonderfully funny, caring people. I am sure you will love being here. Pull up a chair and scroll about. Help yourself to posting on whatever interests you.

Sandpiper

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved