The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#24284 - 10/14/05 08:14 AM Re: new member
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Just whacky!
The intertwining of similarities in lives!

Dreamer,

I'm 33 and call Denver home. My son will be 4 next Saturday. Our goal is to get back there to raise our 2 boys. Currently we live in Ohio, like your son.

AND, I was introduced to you all via Danita....we used to be neighbors! boo hoo hoo

How 'bout you come here to visit your son. Then, we'll road trip to Denver and camp out with Danita! [Razz]

#24285 - 10/14/05 04:30 PM Re: new member
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Yaaaaaaaaaaa! Party at MY house!

Danita

#24286 - 10/14/05 04:47 PM Re: new member
Dreamer Offline

Hi Danita and Stacy!
This is amazing! I don't know how far New Albany is from Dayton - I will have to check a map. We were in Dayton 3 weeks ago, and will try to go back in mid-November for the twins' first birthday!

It's also interesting to me that you, Stacy, are too young to be a Baby Boomer, but your Mom would be one. My Dad was a Pearl Harbor Survivor, and he told me about an organization called Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor Survivors (I have to renew my membership!) I think it would be a lot of fun - and very interesting, informative and educational - to have a sub-group or even a forum for Daughters of Baby Boomer Women. I think I'll put the subject on the list and see what happens. It just might help us understand each other better!

Dreamer

#24287 - 10/14/05 05:04 PM Re: new member
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dreamer, this forum was intended for boomers only, but we do have some a little older and some younger members. I appreciate the voices of the younger women because I believe they can help us better understand our children.

Count me in on the party at Danita's!

#24288 - 10/14/05 06:01 PM Re: new member
Dreamer Offline

Dotsie,
I hope you didn't misunderstand my comment, or that I didn't mis-state it - I, too love having the younger women participate! I would encourage our daughters (and mothers) to write in so we can all understand each other better! In some areas the generation gap is wider than others, and it would be so helpful to share experiences! I guess I made it sound like daughters of baby boomers should have their own site - no, not at all what I meant!

#24289 - 10/14/05 06:19 PM Re: new member
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
A survivor of Pearl Harbor. How fascinating. He must have had some stories to tell.

#24290 - 10/14/05 08:11 PM Re: new member
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Dreamer,
Just 2 days ago I was Googling for a sight such as this with an emphasis on women like myself.
I found mostly radical generation X type sites.
Or conversly, SAHM sites with a heavy emphasis on children. While I am a SAHM, I feel I'm in the middle of the two groups (seeking a balance between me and my boys). I saw a term calling us "contemporary SAHMS".

So far, no luck in finding such a site.

#24291 - 10/15/05 03:56 PM Re: new member
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I gotcha Dreamer. I realized what you were saying. I appreciate voices from all generations. I guess I love women supporting women regardless of age. Everyone has a piece of the truth so why not share it for the benefit of others!

#24292 - 10/15/05 05:11 PM Re: new member
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Amen Dots!

Women supporting women is what it is all about!

I have always had friends that are older...now I'm getting younger friends who want to be friends with me (like stacy) because I am so old and wise now, myself. LOL.

LOVE THIS PLACE, LOVE THE WOMEN, LOVE THE MESSAGES, LOVE THE POWER, LOVE THE LOVE! (giggles)

danita

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved