The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#24274 - 10/08/05 03:45 PM Re: new member
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
welcome stanelle. How did you hear about the site? I hope you'll bounce around and post in other forums.

#24275 - 10/08/05 06:35 PM Re: new member
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Wow, Doddle, didn't know you did decide to move!! That's great. Do you know exactly where? I think you mentioned Charleston...

#24276 - 10/08/05 10:17 PM Re: new member
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Stanelle, welcome to BWS. Please join us, won't you? You're gonna love it. Like the woman on TV says, "its like a mouthful of joy!"

Doddle50 - YOU'RE MOVING? WHEN? Details gal! Details!

JJ

#24277 - 10/08/05 10:49 PM Re: new member
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Welcome everyone [Smile] (I think I'm waaayy behind on welcomes, can I just say "welcome everyone?")

#24278 - 10/08/05 10:58 PM Re: new member
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Doodle50, wow you must be so excited. Everything all shiny and new. Keep us posted about where you go. Have you picked a place yet, if yes than why did you choose that place in particular.

#24279 - 10/14/05 06:25 AM Re: new member
Dreamer Offline

After being off line for a few days I just read through this and am amazed at how many of us are looking for connections. I joined late last month - a friend sent me the web address and said it sounded interesting but she hadn't checked it out. She lives in VA. I live in SC. We went to college together in Boulder, CO. I lived in CO for 35 years. After a very painful but necessary divorce I heard from an old high school friend - we went to high school overseas over 30 years ago - we exchanged email, then he visited...long story short, we married. He moved from Utah to CO but we both needed a new start so ended up here with a home on the lake and some sort of culture shock after 34 years in Denver. I know just how Doddle50 feels - it takes courage, Doddle50, but it's worth the plunge. I hope to hear from many of you - I have a soap opera to share (about my life lately). I have 2 children, both married. My daughter is 33, has a beautiful little boy who just turned 4 - they live in Denver. My son is 28, Lives in Ohio, has 3 children - a darling little girl who just turned 2 and the most adorable identical twin boys who are 10 months old. Yes, they are VERY busy! And I love being a grandma! I just wish we all lived closer.

Dreamer

#24280 - 10/14/05 06:59 AM Re: new member
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow Dreamer -

I didn't realize that you were a former "coloradoan" -- that makes you VERY special!

South Carolina is pretty also!

Good to see you back!

Danita

#24281 - 10/14/05 07:15 AM Re: new member
Dreamer Offline

Danita, I hear you had some snow a couple of days ago - believe it or not, I miss that! Where in Denver do you live? I lived in the southeast part near Cherry Creek Reservoir - I sure miss my house there. I worked for Denver Public Schools for 15 years - was born at what used to be Fitzsimmons! I love Colorado!

Dreamer

#24282 - 10/14/05 07:24 AM Re: new member
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow! Was Fitzsmmons a miltary base? Airforce?

I live in the northern part of Denver - hwy 85 and 104th ave. Alot of people take 104th to the airport (to tower road). I drove past my future home for years and never knew it...isn't that wild.

We actually consider Estes Park to be our home - we lived there for 3 years, but dh couldn't commute down to denver anymore. TOo much wear and tear on everything.

We still go up there to church, I still do alot of business up there, and that is where a majority of our friends are. Eventually we will purchase a vacation rental there.

I love being in Denver because it is close to everything. More room for business development and growth down here!

We didn't get snow that really stuck. The ground was still too warm. I love the snow when I DON"T have to travel in it. I hate traveling on snowy roads. Ughhhhhhh!

Florida, ah Florida! I'm a disney girl to the max!

colorado hugs,
danita

p.s. are you a teacher?

#24283 - 10/14/05 08:00 AM Re: new member
Dreamer Offline

My Mom lives in Denver, as well as my daughter and her family, so we visit as often as possible. I talk to one or the other of them (or both) almost every day! I have a lot of family there (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) and friends - moving was a big life change!

I'm not a teacher; I worked in the Administration Building on 9th and Grant - Labor Relations and Human Resources. I took early retirement when we decided to move.

Estes Park is beautiful and I can understand why you continue to go back for church and plan to buy a vacation home there.

It's so nice to find a friendly Denver Boomer here! Let's keep in touch!

Dreamer

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved