The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#24244 - 10/03/05 08:53 PM Re: new member
Sunrise Offline

Loc: Northern California
Thank you about the name, it took me awhile to pick one out. Seems that there are sooo many members that many names are taken, and you need to get a bit creative.

We live surrounded by pine and oak trees, and in the winter we get snow. The sierra are very wonderful, but there are many very amazing locations all over the United States.

I love to ski, my ski buddy and I go mid-week, and are so spoiled by how empty the mountain is.

Another friend and I had a child going to college a few years ago, and we knew we would both be sad about it. We thought about how to deal with our feelings, and we formed a knitting group.

I really didn't know how, and my friend did, and she was willing to help me along. We have taken knitting classes together, then added more people to join us.

You really don't have to knit! Just come and meet. We make all kinds of things. They taught me to have the confidence to make socks. We also make baby blankets and hats. We don't always know who will recieve these, it is just fun to learn how to do this.

Recently we made some blankets to donate to the Linus Project, and these have been sent to children in New Orleans.

At the moment I am in the depths of remodeling the inside of the house.

I am a nurse, but have no time to commit to a job at this time.

#24245 - 10/03/05 10:47 PM Re: new member
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
A warm welcome to Sunrise!

#24246 - 10/04/05 06:31 AM Re: new member
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hello to all!
I also read about this wonder Boomer site in my local paper.
I'm 58 years old, have two dtrs.(40 and 36) Yes, I was a baby when I got married!
Moved to Washington State from Northern Calif. 36 years ago.
I came to this site for help on decided to get a divorce after 41 years of marriage, so I am communicating with all the wonderful boomers at that site.
I noticed one of the newer ladies is into Cross Stitch. I just took it up again after many years, and am having a ball. I'm also taking up knitting after many years of off time. Hope I can still do it.
Have been diagnoses with cancer x2, and waited 6x's to know if it was back. Am now recovering from a neck injury, and then I've promised myself never to be ill again.
Had to quit my wonderful job of 30 years because of medical problems. But I'm getting back into the swing of things again.
I know I will enjoy this site, and make many new friends thru it.
This lady is going to get her wings soon and turn into a butterfly!

#24247 - 10/04/05 07:19 AM Re: new member
Loralee Offline

hi!
I am also new to this site and think it will be a good way to connect. I am from Indiana, but so far, I haven't noticed anyone else from this state. Am I the only one???

[Cool]

#24248 - 10/04/05 07:26 AM Re: new member
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I don't know, Loralee, but welcome!!! You will love it here, so much so that your house will be a shambles and your kids will have to learn to do their own laundry...well, I'm not saying that is what is happening at my house...but...ummm...
I gotta go... [Wink]

#24249 - 10/04/05 07:36 AM Re: new member
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Sunrise, I tried skiing once and then moved south...

Welcome LSmith, glad we can be part of your transformation into a butterfly.

Welcome Loralee. Irishmom46 is from Indiana, but I haven't seen her around lately. Maybe you could PM(private message) her.

A warm welcome ladies. You'll be glad you found this site.

chick

#24250 - 10/04/05 08:49 AM Re: new member
Crickets Offline

Hello all,

My first posting. My sister told me about this site. There was mention of it in one of Montreal's newspapers. I'm from Ottawa area. Single mom, almost 55 years old with son, 18 years old and daughter, 13 years old. Yes...my fertility genes kicked in late in life. Am tired of the 'career' work place and would like to retire - work in a less stressful job where kindness is a quality not a weakness.

Looking forward to reading the postings.

Bye for now...

#24251 - 10/04/05 02:50 PM Re: new member
Cinenarf Offline

Loc: New York
Hi, new member here after reading an article in my daily newspaper. This sounds like the site I've been looking for. I'm new to this so I hope I can find my way around here.

I'm married with two sons, one married who gifted me with the love of my life, my granddaughter Emily. My other son is single and a wonderful man. I hope one day he meets his wonderful life long partner.

I LOVE dogs, crocheting (though I can't follow written instructions), light gardening but most of all, being with my granddaughter.

#24252 - 10/04/05 04:34 PM Re: new member
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome all newly-registered Boomer Girls! There are so many new faces here, it's tough to keep up....but that's a VERY GOOD thing.

There's a lot to participate in here and I wish all of you FUN in exploring the forum. I've met a lot of wonderful, supportive and talented ladies here.

[Big Grin]

#24253 - 10/04/05 05:14 PM Re: new member
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Welcome, Cinenarf! Ya gotta tell us about that screen name! What part of NY are you from?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved