The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#22682 - 01/26/06 07:50 PM Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
chellabella Offline

Loc: texas
First off I would like to thank Starting Over for her list. The suggestion about cleaning out one drawer per night was so wonderful. It gave me such a sense of accomplishment! I do believe I will be busy until March. I wanted to ask Songbird what part of the country she was in. Thank- you ladies for making me feel so welcome.

#22683 - 01/27/06 08:40 AM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Chellabella, I live in Massachusetts.
Hey girl, keeping busy takes your mind off of troubles [Wink] !

I do pray you can enjoy each new day and view it as a new opportunity to live life to it's fullest potential. And always remember YOU are special!

Blessings!

#22685 - 01/26/06 09:55 PM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
Songbird Offline

I'm trying to simplify my list of "to do" also. The concept of "one at a time" is encouraging!

#22686 - 01/27/06 12:59 AM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I divide everything I do into little, manageable pieces. Otherwise, I get overwhelmed and never get started. This way, everything you accomplish makes you feel better.

#22687 - 01/27/06 02:14 AM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chellabella, there is something else that worked or me. If there is something that has always interested you or a country you always wanted to visit, gather all the information you can about it and study at home, learn the customs, the money exchange and most importantly the language. It is such fun and will eventually come in handy if and when you travel. There are all kinds of craft places out there and even Gourmet cooking classes to keep a person busy. I however found this site and haven't had much time for anything else....its addictive at times. [Razz] [Big Grin]

#22688 - 01/27/06 03:13 AM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
Songbird Offline

Jackie, I hear you [Wink] !
And Chatty's idea is a great way to use free time-not that I have any left after two jobs, housework and BWS [Big Grin] !

#22689 - 01/27/06 03:47 AM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I've learned to quilt since I retired. Only lately I'm so busy doing volunteer work, I don't have time to sew. Chuck and I have just taken on a big organizing position with the local chapter of the America Cancer Society.

I used to do a lot of volunteer work while raising 2 active kids and working full time. I sure couldn't keep up at that pace now!

#22690 - 01/28/06 12:19 AM Re: Ya'll are GREAT!!!!
chellabella Offline

Loc: texas
NHJackie, you mentioned an organizing position with the AMC. I Co-chaired 2 years, and Last year was the Chairman for the AMC's Relay for Life event. It was truly one of the most beautiful, touching, and rewarding things I have ever done. The luminaria ceremony is my absolute favorite part!!! Is that what you are doing?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved