The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#22468 - 02/15/06 10:55 PM Re: Where to go when you are new?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Sandi, I did not figure that out about being married after your son was born. I must be clueless. Besides, who cares? It just means you are more like the celebrities these days! I discontinued my signature because I'm in a transition! LL, L

#22469 - 02/16/06 09:02 AM Re: Where to go when you are new?
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Love those transitions Lynnie!!!! your right, who cares!!! I'm sure you know..question, are there live chats on this site?
S.

#22470 - 02/16/06 09:04 AM Re: Where to go when you are new?
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Suzieq: I have such an addictive personality,
that's what I'm afraid of.....getting hooked.
I've been known not to go to work because I was so involved w/ backgammon!!
S.

#22471 - 02/16/06 09:19 AM Re: Where to go when you are new?
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Sandi, I don't think there are live chats on this site. But someone else is always bound to be on here. How did you get to 22 posts already? I'll have to take a look see to find your posts.

#22472 - 02/16/06 06:32 PM Re: Where to go when you are new?
mamakim Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi - I was asked to introduce myself, so ....

I'm Kim, I'm 33, married 10 years in April, 2 beautiful little girls (and two midterm losses in heaven), a dog and two cats. I'm a mix of Italian, Irish, German, and Native American. I was just confirmed Catholic, I'm an only child, my father is a Lutheran pastor, and my mother died suddenly in 1996 (that shaped who I've become).

I have three families - my mother's family, my husband's family, and my stepmother's family.

I've been working from home for 7 years to be with my children. I am a freelance editor, designer, writer and typesetter, and I do just about "everything". I've been working freelance with a local print shop for 7 years, but I work with many different people as needed. I've worked with churches, synagogues, and non-profit groups, a motorcycle club, a taxidermy company, and others. I've also written freelance commentaries for the Philadelphia Inquirer, and other newspapers. I also do consultation work on various projects and designs.

I'm not sure what else to say about myself. I tend to be quiet but I'll speak up sometimes. I'm rather traditional and old-fashioned about many things.

I learned about this group from an Italian American forum that I am part of ... the moderator suggested it to me.

[ February 16, 2006, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: mamakim ]

#22473 - 02/16/06 07:13 PM Re: Where to go when you are new?
Danita Offline

Welcome Kim!

You sound like a busy AND talented woman!

Danita

#22474 - 02/17/06 08:01 AM Re: Where to go when you are new?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Welcome Kim...congratulations on your confirmation...you really have a full plate with 2 kids and pets and a home based business...I love all of your energy!!!

[ February 16, 2006, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: AvalonBlondi ]

#22475 - 02/17/06 08:17 AM Re: Where to go when you are new?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mamakim, I love your screen name. I admire you for working from homre while you have young children. I'm sure it's not easy to do all that you do while mothering at the same time. I hope you feel like you've found a safe place to share.

#22476 - 02/17/06 08:38 AM Re: Where to go when you are new?
mamakim Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thanks for the welcomes!

Yes, I think it's safe to share here, LOL!!! I was looking over some of the previous posts about marriage, family, children, etc., and feeling that more of my "own kind" are here. It is depressing sometimes when I talk to women my age in my area - there's a definite clash in values and lifestyles. They think I'm old-fashioned, and I think they've got their priorities backwards (!).

It IS a challenge, most days, to do what I do. But it's worth it, and I've been doing it for seven years, and plan to do it as long as possible - and as long as it is best for my family. If I were single and childless, I'd probably be a reporter for the New York Times or maybe CNN as an international correspondent. But I'm married and have young children, and that changes everything.

Okay ... I need to get back to work now, while my baby is still napping (and my older one is in school).

#22477 - 02/16/06 10:36 PM Re: Where to go when you are new?
pepper Offline

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
Hi
I am new to this site and didn't know until today to click on 'welcome'....must just be a little brain dead....Anyway, I live in Florida, single, have 2 kids, both married, age 31 & 28 and I have a grandbaby who is 8 months old....
I moved to Florida in 1998 from NJ....
I have to keep sneaking to this site while at work, back and forth....no one will be the wiser.
Karen

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved