The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#21414 - 07/05/03 04:08 PM Yes, go ahead and whine!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Right after posting about the blessing forum I come here to ask your advice on a new forum which totally contradicts my post about blessings.

Anyway, I believe we also need to be able to whine about life when we have something that is really getting to us. It is therapuetic and often while writing...our problem and solution can be made clear.

What are your thoughts on adding a forum titled "WHINE", or do you think people can whine in any of the forums?

#21415 - 07/07/03 04:02 AM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Whining just seems very negative to me. I think people vent and complain in all the forums. To be honest, I would probably never want to go and look at what was being posted in the whining forum because I know it would be all negative.

#21416 - 07/08/03 03:08 AM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I see your point Candice -- BUT [Smile]

Sometimes I don't want to "whine" in the other areas because I don't want to damper anyone's day or thoughts, but if I had a place that I knew everyone was EXPECTING to hear whining -- I might feel more comfortable opening up. In a "whining" subject area -- you can choose to read it or not -- depending on your mood -- and like I said -- you'll KNOW in advance that it's going to be a "whine".

Plus, when you let a "whine" OUT and actually "hear" it -- it usually, sometimes, isn't as bad as you think it is -- thus either the "whine" turns into a "whimper" or a solution gets offered or you come up with a thought yourself and before you know it -- negative turns into positive.

[Big Grin] just my 2 cents worth

#21417 - 07/10/03 02:31 PM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Dots, how about "I need a hug" or "My favorite 'whine' is not chablis" , or "A very fine whine" as a name for the forum topic. That way we can still whine (like I don't whine in every topic, i am an equal opportunity whiner!)
and maybe find some humor in our situation at the same time.

#21418 - 07/10/03 04:50 PM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kathryn...you go girl. [Big Grin]

I believe you just won a Friends Heal Friends t-shirt from the Gift Shop on this site for naming our new forum.

I like it, "A very fine whine".

What do you think ladies? Sounds like a fun forum to me!

#21419 - 07/10/03 10:57 PM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[Big Grin]

I LOVE IT !!!!

#21420 - 07/11/03 11:07 PM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Perfect! I LIKE IT!

#21421 - 08/09/03 02:09 AM Re: Yes, go ahead and whine!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I love it too! And whining isn't all negative... I have quite often found answers to my dilemmas while in the middle of a rant or a whine... so it can be a really positive experience! And sometimes I only discover that I know something when someone else asks a question... so I say it's all good! Well, maybe not screaming and cursing and such, but it's almost all, all good!
Love,
Lil

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved