The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#21322 - 04/03/03 10:21 PM I'm the new "guy".
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi everyone! I'm the new "guy". My friends told me about this site months ago but when you're emotionally in the pitts, sometimes you just want to stay there and wallow. That's stupid, isn't it. I'm in the process of a divorce that is a very painful one (what divorce isn't painful). The love of my life was drinking and using drugs behind my back for years and lying the whole time. Does wonders for your self-esteem. [Confused] To want to believe in the man you love and had a family with, and then find out that he was lying to you the whole time, really makes you feel like a fool.
With the new warm spring weather comes the hope of getting my old self back. I'm here because I could use a little support. I've learned alot in my life - maybe I could help someone else in the process.
Thanks to my best "old" friend and to Dotsie for encouraging me (again) to visit the site. I've known Dots since the 3rd grade. We grew up across the street from each other and went to the same high school. (Go class of '77) We've been friends for years.
Y'all will be hearing from me again. (The good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise.)

#21323 - 04/03/03 10:30 PM Re: I'm the new "guy".
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for jumping in with both feet and joining us with an open, honest heart! [Wink]

So happy to have another wise woman among us who has much wisdom to offer. [Big Grin] Welcome aboard! Wole!

#21324 - 04/05/03 06:26 AM Re: I'm the new "guy".
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
I'm countin' on the crick not risin' and learning alot from you. I think it is hard to find a person who's life is untouched by drugs and alcohol. Welcome.

#21325 - 04/05/03 05:34 PM Re: I'm the new "guy".
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Gardenbloomer wrote: I think it is hard to find a person who's life is untouched by drugs and alcohol.

I find this to be so true. Whether it is a family member or friend, we all know someone. I am grateful wolejode had the courage to move on. A terribly hard thing to do! I am praying for her and her family! [Big Grin]

#21326 - 04/08/03 01:42 AM Re: I'm the new "guy".
walls Offline

Loc: Towson
Hi Wolejold and welcome.

I've recently experienced the pain of addiction of others myself. My father passed away recently...a situtation within itself painful but then I had to deal with my sister's addictions problems at the same time. Made an unbearable situation even more unbearable. Why is it that an addict can make US feel crazy??? Personally, I've given her over to the Lord and hope that you can find peace as well.

#21327 - 04/08/03 08:18 PM Re: I'm the new "guy".
Joann Sherrer Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
Hi Wolejold- Praises to you for having the courage to leave a destructive situation. It can only get better from now on. FYI- I found ALANON to be very helpful and supportive in the past. They really understand your situation, but refrain from giving advice, only offerring support and understanding. It can't hurt to check out a meeting if you are so inclined. Blessings to you in your "new life"

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved