The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#21315 - 03/31/03 06:58 PM may i introduce myself...
walls Offline

Loc: Towson
Why is it that I'm shy even on forums? Had meant to look into Dotsie's site for quite awhile and finally had the time last week. Was just going to grab her chicken enchillada recipe today and run but it seemed somehow wrong not to introduce myself first.

So hi...I'm Walls and a friend of Dotsie's from church and kids. It's amazing to me how many wonderful people have entered my life because of my daughter...another perk of children!

I love my girlfriends but they are pretty scattered around the world because I was a flight attendant for 27 years. Retired about 5 yrs ago (and what a perfect time to retire) and started a new career in donor recognition displays. Really love it and am so happy to work out of my home after all those years of travel and jet lag.

Really looking forward to the forum AND my chicken enchilladas!!!

#21316 - 04/01/03 03:30 PM Re: may i introduce myself...
maylene Offline

Loc: baltimore
Hi Walls,
Nice to have you aboard! Just wondering...what are donor recognition displays? I am in school and trying yo get my degree (in what, I don't know) and I am asking around to see what careers women find interesting to get some ideas as to what direction to take my education. Thanks.
Maylene

#21317 - 04/01/03 04:25 PM Re: may i introduce myself...
Kathryn Offline

Welcome walls.....I'm shy to although others on the forum might not characterize me that way. But sometimes you just have to take the plunge.
The forum has been a lifesaver for me. Keep posting.

#21318 - 04/01/03 11:02 PM Re: may i introduce myself...
Lise Offline

Loc: Hudson, Quebec, Canada
Hi Walls,

Welcome and you don't have to be shy...it's a lot easier writing than facing someone don't you think?

Anyway, I was wondering too what is donor recognition display? Intriguing...please enlighten us [Confused]

Bye
Lise

#21319 - 04/02/03 09:26 PM Re: may i introduce myself...
walls Offline

Thanks for the kind welcome.

For all who have been asking, donor recognition displays are the walls you see in hospitals and colleges and other non-profits that acknowledge their contributors. Used to be little square boards with brass inserts but now the displays are really getting creative. We even have computer kiosks and waterfalls. My most visible display is at Ravens Stadium...two large granite walls outside Gate A that list their PSL holders. I also carry gifts and awards for the donors. You can see a sampling of our products at www.partnersinrecognition.com. Thanks for asking, leads welcomed and the enchiladas were wonderful.

#21320 - 04/03/03 03:41 AM Re: may i introduce myself...
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
Hi Walls,
Wecome. Are you nation wide or just in the Baltimore area?

#21321 - 04/08/03 01:36 AM Re: may i introduce myself...
walls Offline

My company is nation wide but I generally handle the DC, VA and WV areas.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved