The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#21288 - 03/15/03 08:39 AM New boomer on the block
Lise Offline

Loc: Hudson, Quebec, Canada
Hi! everyone,

I'm so happy to be here...it's almost like our own ya-ya sisterhood [Roll Eyes]

Well I want to thank Dotsie for finding me and leading me here.

My name is Lise (pronounced like lease) and I am French Canadian living in a small town (5,000) about 30 minutes outside of Montreal.

I have a teenager daughter of 14 years old (and I'm 56!)married and we have 3 rescued dogs and just love them to pieces.

Almost 2 years ago I decided to learn webdesign because I wanted to build a site to reach other women and telling them about Melaleuca.

But in the process, I found a new PASSION [Razz] . I just love designing graphics, logos, and websites. And I love the whole world of internet. I thought I could learn HTML in one month [Big Grin] but was I ever mistaking. It took me at least 6 month to finish my site because I did not know much about computers, and downloading and directories and the rest of internet lingo.
It was like learning to drive standard, you can't coordinate your feet and pedals and shifting gears...but then all of sudden, it all comes naturally. Well that's what happened.

I was so frustrated many times but I got thru it thanks to my very patient instructor. If any of you ever want to try it, the first lesson is free so you can see if you would like it:
http://www.webdesigncourse4u.com/Lise.

Anyway, the site has undergone many changes, and the last one still has a few pages under construction. It has taken a new direction, it's a mixture of pleasure and business information, from shopping [Wink] to menopause [Mad] to advertising to newbies, and more. You'll have to visit. http://womenscorner.com

I also publish my own ezine and women seem to like it. It's called "We're Gonna Rip!", which means in surfing terms, kinda succeeding in riding the wave, and that's what we are trying to do.

I have made some great friends on the net and I'm sure there's more of you here.

Well I'll have to stop talking now (and I used to be so shy and not talk when I was younger)because contrary to most of you my age that have been there, I'm still doing carpools and the taxi to movies or theatre classes or tap dancing classes for my daughter...but she tells me I'm a cool [Cool] mom.

I will be back posting soon.

It's nice to be home

Bye for now

Lise

#21289 - 03/14/03 10:00 PM Re: New boomer on the block
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Welcome Lise. SOunds like you lead apretty full life (like pretty mush everybody else on this site). Can't wait to see what you post and to elarn more about you.

#21290 - 03/15/03 03:20 AM Re: New boomer on the block
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Love your website !!

I'm saving my pennies to learn all this fun stuff from your instructor [Smile]

Welcome to the forum [Smile]

#21291 - 03/15/03 05:31 AM Re: New boomer on the block
Lise Offline

Thank you Candice..Yes I know we are all pretty busy...but I will find the time to come chat.

[Big Grin]
Lise

#21292 - 03/15/03 05:35 AM Re: New boomer on the block
Lise Offline

Thank you so much Lionspaaw for the compliment.
You don't need to save your pennies, you can pay by installment [Smile] That's what I did LOL

This is a fun place.

But now I'm gone to bed

Talk to you later guys
Lise

#21293 - 03/18/03 02:12 PM Re: New boomer on the block
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
welcome aboard... it's the love boat..exciting and new...

you will find great fun, friends, advice, and answers to most questions. FRIENDS DO HEAL FRIENDS here. i think it is the greatest that our friends from canada have joined us!!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved