The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#21045 - 03/04/06 07:21 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
MEMORY pads, yup chick, you could sell those also. LOL!

I think having a brick and motor store AND an online store is an EXCELLENT idea!

You go girl!

d.

#21046 - 03/04/06 09:18 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Why not just call it Boomers?

#21047 - 03/04/06 11:58 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chick, My daughter works for a small company called Bunnies byt the Bay...itis owned and run by 2 Boomer aged sisters...they started out selling only bunnies and then launched a successful line of baby clothes and baby items...their latest endeavor is a line of gifts and comfy items for menopusal women...for Christmas my daughter gave me an incredibly snuggly robe made out of the softest velour..it has a little train on it (because we are all queens)and pockets and even a little button on the sleeve and loop inside so you can roll up your sleeves and not get them wet or dirty when we are busy..I also got some really comfy bunny slippers to keep my feet toasty...these ladies have become quite successful...so I think your idea is a winner...check out the Bunniesbythebay.com website just to get a feel for what I am describing...I wish you the best of luck an success with this Chick... [Smile]

#21048 - 03/05/06 11:24 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I cannot thank you enough for all your replies ladies. The ideas for merchandise, names and website, etc. has gotten me ignited. All the well wishes are also appreciated.
I have added soft lit magnifying mirrors and we forgot the most important thing of all...
CHOCOLATE! Yummy, decadent, gourmet, mouth watering chocolate. Everything from truffels to treasures in this store...Everything nice...A place to pamper yourself when you're feeling the need to. Books - on all Boomer topics, humor, midlife, menopause,and on and on and on.
I want soft, warm, cuddly, fluffy, delicate. ... all the things that make us feel good. Lacey, dainty, exquisite, fine. Serene, peaceful calming, Exotic... It's all about Me Me Me store. [Cool]
Beautiful Cd's, Bath rose petals, scented candles. Soft velvet (monogrammd) robes and the softest slippers you ever walked in. Fans, hand held and electric. All kinds of Vitamins, oils, powders. There is a lady here in Oklahoma that designed her own cosmetic line(it was on the news). I need to meet with her. I want to do a lot of research on all products.
Monthly guest speakers on Mid life/menopause/ageing etc.
I checked out Bunnies by the Bay. Thank you for posting it.I cannot find the fans on the homepage,though.
MOH(my other half) said he liked the name Autumn's Eve. I reminded him that there is a douche called Summer's Eve...my point was well taken. [Eek!] I love his involvment and interest in all of this.

I feel we have only scratched the surface here. More research, A good proposal, Location, location, location so much to think about. I will continue to do a feasibility study and continue asking for your contributions and ideas here on the site.
I wish I was in Alabama. Huntsville would be a great spot for this. We have discussed this option. Only God knows what's in store.
Thank you again for your encouragment, I know I can always count on you.
Luv,
chick

#21049 - 03/07/06 01:57 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I love all your comments - it's a great idea, and the market for this is huge. It would be quite an expense to start though, especially if you went brick and mortar.

One other product is wicking sleepwear; keeps you dry at night so you can sleep much better. I offer that in my online store.

And if they can make sleepwear out of that wicking fabric, why can't they make business suits and dresses, etc, so we can be dry all the time? Just a thought - one more product to develop in our spare time!

Love this forum,
Kathy

#21050 - 03/07/06 02:23 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I never heard of wicking sleepwear! That sounds great! Great site Rick and June

[ March 06, 2006, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

#21051 - 03/07/06 03:10 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Thanks TVC15! That sleepwear is really great.

Chickadee, when you decide on a name, be sure the domain is available too. There are many places on the web you can check availability and then buy it - one of the easiest is www.godaddy.com, just $8.95 a year.

And the name (domain name) should be short enough for it to be memorable so visitors can type it in their browsers without the potential for misspellings. It's also good to buy all related domains, such as .com, .biz, .net and any potential other spellings of your name.

Now, for a name..... give me a few minutes - I'll be back with ideas.

This is fun!
Kathy

#21052 - 03/07/06 03:30 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dancing Dolphin Offline

I've got it!! "Lady Boomer"

And the domain is available, so get it now... ladyboomer.com

Whaddya think?

Okay, okay, I'll keep thinking...

#21053 - 03/07/06 08:07 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Chick,
What a great idea!! Obviously, everyone else thinks so too!! I liked the reference :"truffles to treasure" - maybe somebody can think of how to turn that into a name to reflect the boomer part of it....And also, when you said "It's all about Me, Me, Me", Can someone turn that into something about boomers? Maybeeeee, uh, "It's All About Me Later" Well, you get the idea.

#21054 - 03/07/06 04:33 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Ms. Crazy Face Offline

Oh lord, when I saw this post, I went nuts. As I'm so far post menopausal at 41 that it's a miracle I haven't sprouted testicles, I would LOVE a storefront like this...or website even.

I can never find a lotion good enough to handle the horrible dry skin that I have as a result of the thyroid and menopause.

I'd also like some cute "readers" glasses.... you know the kind, right? I am supposed to wear bifocals, but I'm way too vain, so I wind up carrying two pairs...one for up close and one for far away. I don't want to wear things my Grandma would have loved, though.

IMHO anything to help fill the void so many menopausal women are in. That great divide known as "I'm not 21 and I'm not 81". I'm me and frankly I'm never sure where I fit.

This is a fabulous, fabulous idea Chick!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved