The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#21035 - 03/02/06 03:53 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jawjaw, you didn't share if you passed or failed belly dancing...well?

This is a great topic.

Speaking of fans...check BWS home page. Someone invented a bed fan for women at midlife. No lie. There's an advertisement for it right here at BWS.

You could have soemone do midlife coaching too.

#21036 - 03/02/06 03:59 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I never took it, although quite honestly (go ahead and laugh) I wouldn't mind taking the lessons...no joke. And by the way, that cake decorating teach had NO sense of humor. How the heck was I suppose to know that stuff would squirt that far?

JJ

#21037 - 03/02/06 04:48 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Theres one thing I didn't see mentioned here that we have all complained about that there are not any or not enough of stores with Boomer Fashions...We need a boutique filled with stylish/ young looking Boomer clothing, like say semi-sleeveless summer wear with maybe fringe the camouflages the flaps some get. Well you know what I mean and yet other designs that help hide the belly/hips without looking matronly or frumpy etc. Oh and you might offer health screening once a year for menopause related illness's. The Health professionals will usually be happy to oblige...Sounds exciting chickadee....

[ March 01, 2006, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#21038 - 03/02/06 10:15 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Forget the fans, I have one of those battery operated gadgets shaped like...you guessed it ..
an elephant (my brother has a sense of humor)
You can sell a sprinker on a lovely chain, it can turn from warm mist to instant cool mist!!
oh the bed would get wet? so......... How about thongs that fit! so we can eliminate those size 9 underwear that reveal panty lines. And a nail salon, a massage area, and of course offer the
"zip the hair off your lip" too! Just kidding,
its a great idea and you have so many ladies giving you some terrific advice!! What to name the store??????? hmmmmmmmm....

#21039 - 03/02/06 11:19 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
chickadee Offline

I am home for lunch and just popped in to check out your posts. Wow! What great ideas everyone. Please keep brainstorming with me. And a name...yes a good name.
Last night I woke up thinking about this and had 2 great ideas...but they fail me now. Shoulda written them down. Memory Pads...thats what "I" need. [Roll Eyes] Thank you for taking an interest in this. I really appreciate it.Back at ya later today.
Luv,
chick
chick

#21040 - 03/02/06 11:49 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was going to suggest making it pet friendly but then, if you had a little cafe with pastries and coffee, you couldn't welcome pets.

I think this idea is growing and growing and it's exciting. I was going to say you could call it "FLASH" but truthfully, it's not that funny. Something with Boomer Women in the title? Boomer Haven.

I love soft, fuzzy socks so that could be something and also, comfy slippers. They have so many cute ones now.

Wow. This has taken on a life of it's own.

#21041 - 03/02/06 11:53 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
P.S. JJ, I've never known anyone who failed a cake decorating class. That's a first. I took one years ago (for my DQ) and my instructor didn't have a sense of humor either. I think she took it much more seriously than I did. [Roll Eyes]

#21042 - 03/03/06 01:51 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had a thought for a name...CHICK-A-DEALS

good for selling any kind of merchandise, food, beauty products etc.

#21043 - 03/04/06 01:07 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Great ideas, Ladies!

#21044 - 03/04/06 06:50 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chick,
When you go to pick out a name, use it for a week or so before you decide on it permanently. Say it out loud, use it in every kind of "marketing" ploy you can think of. Does it ring a bell? Stay with you? Remind you of anything else? Sound offensive in any way? Can it be misconstrued? Easy to spell? Say? Is it sassy? Is it old-fashioned? How would it look on a biz card? A web page? Wear it out, verbally, and on paper... then see how you feel about it in a week. Stll love it? If so, you probably have a winner.

I think you should have a name that rolls off the tongue and that WOMEN love to tell their girlfriends that is where they're going that day...like for instance (bear with me a sec, k?)

Boomer #1: Hey girlfriend, wanna go to the mall today?

Boomer #2: No can do, I'm headed over to ______

Boomer #1: Oh great! Can I go? I love to go there. I feel like I'm in somebody's living room and Chick has the greatest ______...don't you think?

And the name is?

JJ

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved