The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#21004 - 02/11/06 05:42 AM Re: memory loss
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dam right, I was there already and everyone was smiling at me and wondering I'm sure what the heck I was doing. So I nonshalantely motioned to the waitress and placed an order. Luckily I had a book along, so I read and ate a bit and then went home feeling like some old fart who was going round the bend.....oh and the tuna melt was delish....I think it was tuna? [Eek!]

#21005 - 02/14/06 01:20 AM Re: memory loss
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Gee...I really wanted to post something about memory loss...but now I can't remember what I wanted to say!! [Frown] [Big Grin] [Wink]

#21006 - 02/14/06 02:10 AM Re: memory loss
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
LOL!!!!

#21007 - 02/14/06 02:27 AM Re: memory loss
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chatty, you are adorable!

#21008 - 02/14/06 04:52 AM Re: memory loss
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thank you ma'am....forgetful but adorable, I can deal with that. [Big Grin]

#21009 - 02/14/06 08:12 AM Re: memory loss
MaryE Offline

Hello, Starting Over.

I read your email inquiry a little more seriously than some of the other posts. While stress, broken marriages, worry and other emotional factors can drastically affect memory, there can also be biological causes, including thyroid and nutritional imbalances. While we all certainly experience those "where did I put my keys" moments, if you're truly worried about the situation (and it seems you are) you may want to talk it over with your physician to make sure your health is good.

Sometimes I feel long term memory is very subjective ...each person at a given event may remember it entirely differently from everyone else. One of my best friends and I remember a concert we went to over 25 years ago. We each remember it exactly the same, except she's sure I initiated the date, and I'm positive she did. Obviously there's no way to resolve it, and it doesn't need to be. We just laugh and are happy we have that long history as friends.

#21010 - 02/14/06 08:51 AM Re: memory loss
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Startingover,
Having been through a few stressful times myself, I would say give yourself a break. You certanily have enough stress to cause memory loss and lots of other stress related problems. Hopefully at some time perhaps your memory of this stressful time will fade as well. God is gracious that way.

When I am under stress, I am prone to skip meals and forget that I need to maintain my physical system in order to deal with the emotional and intellectual stressors.

You might want to consider eating several small meals every day, and especially on the worst days to level out your blood sugar. Stress can wreak havoc on your metabolism and low blood sugar can impact not only your memory, but your cognitive and emotional functioning.

Taking extra B vitamins during this stressful time is probably a good idea also. Almost any health food store would be able to recommend a good supplement.

I hope you find time to take care of your self with a little pampering amid all this chaos. You deserve it. And don't worry about forgetting things. You will probably regain any losses when the chaos of life settles down.

Remember we'll be praying for you.

smile

#21011 - 02/14/06 07:15 PM Re: memory loss
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
MaryE and Smile, how true! When I got divorced the first time, I would be in the middle of a sentence and forget what I was saying. Stress is a huge factor, especially the kind of stress you get while going through a major life change.

My childhood was rather disfunctional and I don't remember much of it because I don't want to. My sisters and I recall different memories when we get together. I believe long term memory loss is not that serious.

I have friends who find loss of memory quite amusing, but I don't and that's why I am taking bio-identical hormones to replace what is missing in my system.

I agree with Smile and MaryE that your memory loss is probably temporary, caused by the stress in your life.

Daisygirl

#21012 - 02/16/06 09:00 PM Re: memory loss
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Small meals and lots of fluids. Also, don't forget exercise!

#21013 - 02/17/06 03:18 AM Re: memory loss
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie you are so right because nothing clears my head like a nice brisk walk especially in the warm summer rain...works every time. Now if I can just remember to do it...LOL [Big Grin]

[ February 16, 2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved