The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#204427 - 06/08/10 12:36 AM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
You could crochet them out of wire, Chatty. I've seen lots of stuff like that. There is fine gauge wire made just for crochet. I've never tried it myself. Or go to a thrift store or fabric store and find little pink flower buttons.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#204430 - 06/08/10 08:21 AM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: yonuh]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hi Anne
yes little bowls are made .saw them in the shop.
there are several ways of felting..will enjoy experimenting.some people use a hot wash in the washing machine to thicken woolen items..then embelish the item/garment.
My supplies are like a treasure chest..I have what is called pre felt..its special fibre which can be crafted into anything...scarves bowls flowers wall hangings beads..using colours that blend and match you can build a unique piece of cloth or art.
The master classes that run are for all levels..I intend to make a hat..but that will be nearer winter..this is done working round an inflatable ball ..using the pre felt as I explained.A bowl would be similar..jewellrey is another way to go.Beads can be constucted which when added with ceramic and glass beads look quirky..
what I have been doing is needle felting..where I add design on to a garment..in my case a long cardigan and berets..I choose to do pansies. Needle felting is adding wool or pre felt in chosen shapes and by pricking with a special barbed needle into a special cushion a layer is intoduced..
its prototype time here..
Art students at textile college have been doing this for years its only now coming into the public domain here.
I enjoy it..have been seeking a niche and knew this was it on the first day..I was at the shop at the weekend and saw yet more.
been very busy gardening but will sit down soon to work away an for an hour or two..

#204444 - 06/08/10 04:16 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: Mountain Ash]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
MA..I love listening to your mind at work...:) Can't wait to see what creation you come up with...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#204462 - 06/08/10 11:09 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have been searching all the hobby shops and WalMart, K-Mart and such to no avail Now I am checking out the thrift shops maybe finding a small pair of earring, necklace or bracelet I can take apart. I'll now it if I see it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204469 - 06/09/10 12:02 AM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like such a creative hobby. Can't wait to hear as it progresses. I believe I've seen this at craft shows but will have to pay closer attention from now on; now that I have a friend who's doing it. Maybe you'll post pictures...

Edited by Dotsie (06/09/10 12:04 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved