The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19792 - 06/25/06 03:08 AM Re: Entertaining boomers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
For those of us already past 50, waaaaay past I have to disagree, we are no different than any other age. I personally think any women that can't find something better to discuss than their hemmoroids, corns, diseases, periods, etc. should just get a life, too BORING!!!! We old bats get together and they have to ask us to tone it down we're laughing so hard.

Next time you have people in and serve food try this; Make a sign over the table...

HOUSE RULES

1.)Eat at your own risk, NO grumbling or bitching about any negative effects of foods being served.

2.) This is a happy place leave all compaining and whining outside, preferably in trash container at the end of the driveway.

3.) Food and beverages are freah and were not purchased on sale, so shut up and enjoy.

4.) Bathrooms on your left, kitchen and ice on your right, door to 'exit' straight ahead for anyone breaking these rules....Bon-appetite!

THis is a true list I have used and the people have a good laugh, but anytime someone starts to say something negative, I cough and point to the list...Hey, don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the a-s..... [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

[ June 24, 2006, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#19793 - 06/25/06 03:25 AM Re: Entertaining boomers
Pam R. Offline

Smile, they were RUDE, RUDE AND MORE RUDE. I have to admit my friends have never commented negatively on what I serve. Maybe it's because we know each other so well that we unconsciously make what everyone likes! Still, they would never hurt my feeling, nor would I hurt theirs. I know what it takes to make quiches and prepare a salad and dessert. You were very thoughtful with the caffeine free tea and fruit. And, I bet the table was set to perfection. I think you covered all bases. As far as the discussion of their illnesses, that usually comes with the 70 and 80 year olds according to my Mom! Are these your good friends, or just gals from a club you belong to? Next time invite the boomers on this website. We can sign up...first come first served!

#19794 - 06/25/06 07:43 AM Re: Entertaining boomers
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I am sorry Smile. Man, I wish I had been one of the guests, your lunch sounds delicious. I am constantly shocked when I hear stories like yours. Or witness this type of situation.

The only understandable thing would be the diabetic bringing their sweet-n-low just in case none was available.

On the other hand, I love to eat and I cannot imagine being a kranky b***h when it comes to food.

Cheers,
Cathi

#19795 - 06/25/06 09:05 AM Re: Entertaining boomers
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Acutally believe it or not, the women were a group of writers from my church. Yep. Writers and they go to Church.

Not all are rude. In fact, most are very nice and the girl who started the group is a good friend. Several seemed embarrassed by those who were rude. The leader of the rudeness is a long time church member who disrupts every meeting by talking incessantly about her ailments, her superior intellect, her superior writing (never published), her husband's ailments (Even his impotence believe it or not) and repeatedly about when she tried out for Miss something or other at the age of eighteen. I think she's probably insecure, but she brings out the worst in a couple of others and they all compete at being high maintenance or something. They turn the meetings into a free for all.

I really felt sorry for the girl who was trying to present the program. She never even got started before the really rude lady disrupted with a big bathroom announcement followed by a long description of her bladder problem and a complaint about the tea then she yelled at my dog. That got a couple of others started and everything went down hill from there.

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes it's all you can do.

smile

P.S. None of the women are diabetic. The really rude lady who refused a brownie has a relative who is diabetic and is convinced she will be one or something, but refused the fruit and wound up eating part of another girl's brownie.

I should write a book about this group, either a comedy or if they come here again, a murder mystery. [Smile]

[ June 25, 2006, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#19796 - 06/25/06 06:06 PM Re: Entertaining boomers
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Put a little "lax" in the next set of brownies for them...that should keep them hopping...eh?

If that's enough, tell them, once they all get seated, that you would appreciate it if they only talk in low friendly tones because your pet snake, Mr. Big, seems to be missing and he doesn't like negative, loud talking. Talk about clearing a room!

JJ

#19797 - 06/26/06 05:09 AM Re: Entertaining boomers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, I know it's not funny, but I can't help but laugh at all the shenanigans. Unbelievable!
It really is the makings for a funny article about boomers beginning to fail (though most hate to admit it).

Did she ever get to present the program?

#19798 - 06/26/06 05:46 AM Re: Entertaining boomers
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dotsie,
Actually as I wrote that all down, I began to see the comedy in it all too. It really was funny (in hindsight that is).

The presenter did her best, but things just sort of went off the deep end as they almost always do in that group. You're right, it would make a funny story.

smile

#19799 - 07/26/06 02:58 AM Re: Entertaining boomers [Re: smilinize]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
gosh Smile, let me come to your house! I'll eat and enjoy it so much! I don't think I would have been so polite. I would have taken her aside, or someone should, and tell her, 'we really don't want to hear about your problems anymore. Please, since you can't keep them to yourself, why not write a book about it?' OR....'today we are reviewing the good things in life, so we'll need to keep all negatives out of the conversation'. However, I'm not sure I would even be that polite. I would ask her to please not be negative anymore. we really don't want to hear it. but yer right. you could write a book on it...a funny book like barbara johnson. Has anyone read any of her books? They are hilarious!

Janine
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#19800 - 07/26/06 05:15 AM Re: Entertaining boomers [Re: JaMaPh]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm a fussy eater, but I'd never use it as an excuse to be rude. I ask about certain ingredients, and if it's something I don't eat, I just say "thank you" and eat whatever else. And if the hostess wants to "make me something special" (that I'd eat, aside from what she already made) I always refuse and tell her that there's so many good things already, I can find plenty to enjoy!

Poet and essayist

#19801 - 07/26/06 01:00 PM Re: Entertaining boomers [Re: meredithbead]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've heard this statement and maybe it's true: In our 50's we talk about all of our ailments and in our 60's, we talk about the medications we're taking for our ailments! I've begun to notice this when we're with couples around our age and I always repeat this theory and it makes everyone stop and laugh. Key word being, stop!

Excuse me, SHE YELLED AT YOUR DOG? That would be a deal breaker for me. My house, my dog, no yell.

Instead of laxatives in the brownies, how about baking them with some pot instead. What!!! I'm teasing. At least, it would make them happy, give them an appetite and they'd forget about their strict diets.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved