The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#19336 - 12/18/05 03:45 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
BTW - something else that caffeine can aggravate is arthritis.

#19337 - 12/18/05 04:05 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Until I do begin the Nutri System i found the neatest thing...At WalMart they sell a bag of fresh frozen individually wrapped Talipia fish filets. They are firm white fish. You take out whatever you want to eat and broil or bake them using any seasonings you want. They are so tasty, no fish smell because they are flash frozen fresh (dam thats a mouth full) I usually have a baked or micro waved sweet potato and some kind of green vegetable. No kidding I am losing a pound a day the days I eat the fish and you can have all four filets if you want to. Those days I have either oatmeal and a banana for breakfast or one egg on toast. I am a late riser so rarely eat lunch. Just a thought...I forgot to tell you about. Oh and for milk I have only had Soymilk for years now. I also only drink diet A&W root beer with no caffeine. I figure one cup of green/vanilla caramel tea is enough, maybe even too much. Right now I am investigating 'waters' which is good, which isn't and which is the best...yada, yada, yada!!

[ December 17, 2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#19338 - 12/18/05 04:50 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Bluebird, arthritis, wow! I didn't know that either... and believe me, when I get up in the morning, it is with great difficulty. And it isn't the extra person I'm carrying around either, it's my bones and joints. Oy! I'm so glad to learn this.

Chatty, when you get the "waters" narrowed down with some good info, fill us in (no pun intended) okay?

JJ

#19339 - 12/18/05 04:53 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Bluebird Offline

Yes, JJ, and tea can actually be worse than coffee.

[ December 17, 2005, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#19340 - 12/18/05 05:18 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm not much of a tea drinker. Just coffee and diet drinks, and water. And vodka, gin, wine, beer..okay, okay...I was only joshn'....LOL!

JJ

#19341 - 12/18/05 05:26 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Bluebird Offline

You forgot rum, bourbon, tequila... [Razz]

#19342 - 12/18/05 07:59 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Do I hear alchohol?!!! [Smile]
I went from being able to snap back the next day from a night out...to 2 day hangovers....I think I'd be in the ICU for a month if I had anything more than afew sips now!!! [Embarrassed]
Maybe I should hide the cookies I just baked behind the pina colada mix!!! [Smile]

#19343 - 12/19/05 01:19 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
chickadee Offline

You guys are funny... Even the 'word' cookies makes me salivate.
JJ, how are you doing with the changes you have made so far?

chick

#19344 - 12/19/05 05:36 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I hear ya Chick... Let's see, report time, eh? Well, it's actually been easy and I think it's because of my "attitude" adjustment and the help of everyone on this board.

I had a couple of parties to attend this weekend and they were a breeze. Seems the hostess at each one was smart enough to include "heart-healthy" foods, so no problem there.

I've stocked up on some of my favorite recipes and pulled out the crockpot. I'm actually making things ahead of time to have on hand so there's no slipping back into bad habits of eating the wrong kinds of things, just because they are easy and effortless. Does that make sense? Things like potato chips and dip. I have celery, carrots, radishes, homemade soup, "Indian Stew" made with turkey instead of ground beef, and other veggies that I love. Here's the funny thing... since I became this super-determined person, I don't even snack around the clock like I was doing before. It's like I said, "no more ice cream and snacking for you kiddo." And that was that. Strange...

I don't know what makes one soooo determine on one try, and especially when one has tried so many other times and failed. Timing? Fed up with one's self? Pushed to the limits? I don't know. Anybody have thoughts on this?

I will say this... I don't think of it as a diet. I don't think in terms of dieting, at all. What I think about is WHAT I am about to put in my mouth. Like Vicki was saying. That seems to work for me. It's like what Ladybug or someone said, "pick what works for you." I did and it was a combination of things.

This week I start the exercising which will be walking. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to it!

JJ

#19345 - 12/19/05 06:07 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jawjaw, it's sounds like the same way you quit smoking. Didn't you go cold turkey?

What were the heart healthy recipes? I'm gearing up for a party and everything has cream cheese and/or sour cream! Well, not everything. The desserts only have butter and sugar. [Razz]

Page 5 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved