The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 59 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 25 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#19346 - 12/20/05 08:13 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yes I did Dots. Thanks to Daddy. He said, "when you are ready, you'll quit." He was right. Everything before that was rehearsal I suppose.

I don't know what the recipes were because they were catered, but I could possibly find out? Another suggestion would be to do a google on "heart healthy" and see what pops up. Don't forget grapes when you do your parties though. They are an easy finger food and yummy...especially the frozen ones! If you don't have that recipe, I could probably dig and find it.

One thing I did appreciate was that the caterer was thoughtful enough to have foods you could eat with your hands EASILY while trying to balance a very heavy crystal place and cup. One of the places had chips and dip. This would have been impossible to eat because the plate was soooo heavy you almost had to hold it with two hands.

JJ

#19347 - 12/20/05 08:18 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

p.s. I forgot to mention earlier that I'm drinking tons of water too. Which means, I don't get very far away from a bathroom. Frugal note: The DOLLAR STORE has a case of bottled water for 3 bucks.

JJ

#19348 - 12/19/05 10:37 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
JJ.....

Many years ago, when I weighed a wopping 180, I read a book called "Staying Thin". This was in the early 80's ONE thing stuck from reading that book.(I cannot tell you anything else I read)

He said, "Just tell yourself that if you do not eat that (chocolate cake, candy,chips etc) you will not die! That was the KEY to my successfully losing 60 lbs. I changed my way of thinking.

Now, being 48, I am comfy at 140 lbs. Granted I gained some back, but I'm really feeling great. Also, after my hyst. nearly 12 years ago, my weight has been steady, give or take a lb.or two during holidays.

The nice thing about not eating "that thing" is that you can always have it later. They are NOT discontinuing chips,choclate cake. It'll taste better when you can afford to eat it!!

#19349 - 12/19/05 11:04 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This is all so true Di... I do give myself "talks" when I feel the urge to wander. Mostly I say, "hmm...why not have some dried fruit, or carrots,..etc." or whatever. It's working for me. And that's the key. FOR ME.

I'm always interested in hearing other things I can do though, like to reinforce my redesign.. like the book you've mentioned. I'm going to call the library and see if they have it. Thanks!

JJ

#19350 - 12/20/05 12:04 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Di Offline

That is the key. what works for YOU. Nothing worked for me as a kid. My poor mother used to bribe me to lose weight. One year I was promised this beautiful leopard coat if I just lost 14 lbs. Never got the coat. I was a fat kid. She'd always say, "di, have some fruit instead (of that fudge pop, or something)". too bad she never saw me thin. (she died when I was 18)

I weighted myself daily; measured all parts of my body daily and had a chart. I HAD to see what I was doing was working or I'd stop. I know what they "say" about things, but it worked for me. I needed to SEE success.

Another thing I did was after the weight was off, I had all my size 17/18 clothes altered to size 10/12. Some people buy new clothes. Not me. I wanted to see my fat clothes skinny! It was so beautiful.

Here I am now...........I love they way I look and will never go back to fat again! Most embarrassing when your older sister would shop in the 5/6's and you are in the 17/18's. NOT fun!

-

That book was by Dr. Paul Linn or something like that. GREAT book I recall.

#19351 - 12/20/05 12:11 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Di, good for you! You look great. How did you put a photo up here? I've been wanting to do that.

#19352 - 12/20/05 12:15 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Di Offline

Thank you for your compliments!!

I use imageshack.us

Just locate your photo file, resize it to thumbnail and use the html code (without the spaces) Place your link that image shack gives you between the center close and open brackets...like this

[img ]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7813/dsc09847li.jpg[/img]

Of course with the extra space after the "g" you will not see the pic. Also, "quote" my thread with my pic and see how I did it!

[ December 19, 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Di ]

#19353 - 12/20/05 02:01 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Di this is soooo cool! I love being able to see your skinny self, and of course, it just adds fuel to the fire for me. You go girl, I mean it!

I like the idea that you were smart enough to have the clothes altered. What a good feeling that must be. I have so many clothes that I am unable to wear that when I get to "my size" again, it will BE like a new wardrobe. I'm so looking forward to that. Thanks again. You are just darling! As my brother-in-law use to say to me, "you a fox kiddo!"

JJ

#19354 - 12/20/05 03:04 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
ladybug Offline

Hi JawJaw, it's been a busy day getting ready for company this evening but had to stop in to say hi!

You know why it's working for you? You were just plain old ready. You'd had it and everyone here helped you get psyched up for it. You're the only one who can make it happen for you but I've got a feeling that hearing everyone cheer you on is a boost too. You're really a beautiful lady.

Look out cause JawJaw is going to knock your socks off!

#19355 - 12/20/05 03:15 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I think when we have our first boomer meeting, we should do a Boomer Hot Mama Calender, with JawJaw the feature Hottie. I'll be the photographer, since I do not feel like a hot mama yet.

Way to go JJ, I'm trying to get myself into the right frame of mind to eat right also.

Daisygirl

Page 6 of 25 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved