The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#190766 - 09/29/09 08:26 PM When your faith is worn down
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, I have a friend of 30+ years who has had one of the most terrible years. About 4 months ago, he beloved daddy died of cancer. Within one month, her mom past. She too had a form of cancer. My friend missed a great deal of work because as the only daughter, her mom and dad relied on her heavily to take them to treatments, stay with them for extended stays in the hospital, and sit with them as they laid dying.

A few weeks ago, a 80-year old man ran a light and hit my friend's car and she was hurt badly. She had surgery for a torn roto cup (which already had damage but after the wreck, sever damage) and was in bed for two weeks. Yesterday, she was getting out of bed and her foot caught in the sheets. She tumbled out and hit the floor breaking her right wrist in three different places. She's having surgery on THAT today.

As we talked last night she was so full of sorrow. She hasn't even had time to grieve for the loss of her parents. Her company is not helping any, although I do understand their position as she is a Director there and very visible and needed...but how can she help it? She can't. So she may lose her job and even if she doesn't, the strain is there and she will worry herself sick. She is 62 and doesn't feel like she can retire.

I'm telling you all of this to ask for prayers for understanding and peace. She is trying so hard to make sense of all of the tragedies, the sorrow, and the pain but her faith is slipping away. I hurt for her tremendously. I would ask that you please pray for my friend and ask God to massage her heart. I can't say that if I were her I would have lasted as long as SHE has. What burdens she has had to bear!

Thank you kindly

#190768 - 09/29/09 08:33 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thank you my dear friend...that was the advice I wanted to give her as well...maybe later. Right now she's so full of anxiety and grief that just listening and telling her how much I care is about all I put forth to her. She isn't ready for anything else. But you are so right. Where the heck is their compassion, I want to know. It isn't like she's laying out, you know?

Anyway, I appreciate your support for her.

#190778 - 09/29/09 11:54 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
JJ, my heart and prayers are with your friend. It's no wonder she feels so, well, abandoned might be one possible feeling. Not only has she lost her Dad and Mom (and her workplace network too!), but grief - and pain - have a way of convincing us that even God may have abandoned or forgotten us. I'll keep her in my prayers, as I have a good idea of the myriad of feelings, sorrow and sad confusion she might be experiencing right now. Your loving, listening presence is critical to her right now, someone she can lean against while her own faith/strength are lost in the quagmire of grief and pain.

Edited by Eagle Heart (09/29/09 11:55 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#190785 - 09/30/09 01:08 AM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My prayers are with her JJ, but she is lucky in one respect, she has you as her friend.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190810 - 09/30/09 10:06 AM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I have added her to my prayers. HUGS!!

#190813 - 09/30/09 12:24 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: diamond50]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thank you all for the prayers, and also for the support and encouraging words. We've stood beside one another for over 30 years and we will continue, I'm sure of that. She is one of the nicest people I know on God's earth.

#190820 - 09/30/09 01:45 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
JJ, I am holding her close in my heart even as I write this note. As Chatty said, she is lucky she has you in her life. I wish her, and you, strength and courage going forward.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#190837 - 09/30/09 02:42 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm calling her in a bit after I think she's had time to be up, hopefully, and settled in for the day. I'll let you know how the latest surgery went for her. God love her...I know HE does.

Thank you ladies.

#190840 - 09/30/09 02:50 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Adding heartfelt thoughts and please tell her she has touched many people through you who wish her well.

#190862 - 09/30/09 05:54 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read this the other day and thought I commneted. I've been thinking about and offering up prayers for her, and you!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved