The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#19061 - 11/22/05 10:15 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

I am SO GLAD to see you posted here right now.

I am here for you and all others who need hope and inspiration to quit smoking.

Together we can!

#19062 - 11/22/05 10:46 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oddly enough, when MOH (my other half)and I go out to eat, we always chose the No smoking section. We don't smoke until we leave.
I have decided to quit "cold turkey" on Thanksgiving Day...ha ha. I am ready!
I would like to say that having this open discussion on smoking, smokers, non-smoking, non-smokers, pros/cons etc has reminded me to keep trying to reach my goal.
I see it every time I come on here and the support from smokers and reformed smokers has made a difference. I am appreciative of the fact that a non-smoker took the time to keep it going.

Friends healing and helping friends...now isn't that what it's really all about?

chick

#19063 - 11/22/05 11:19 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I agree chick,
This forum is a constant remeinder of my goal.
Good luck on the Cold Turkey thing. I know that is really the only way it will work.
I can't do it on Thanksgiving though maybe during the week after. I'll let you know.

#19064 - 11/23/05 12:55 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chick, at some future date, may you look back on this Thanksgiving as a time when you did something for which you are most thankful.

I'll support you in prayer.
smile

#19065 - 11/23/05 01:55 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Thanks for all of you giving each other support. It's so good to see that.

I just want to say too that I hope no one is offended when I say please, no negative comments.

Please let me explain: As I'm sure most of you have seen the free-for-all rudeness that has occured in Current Events over the Hillary issue.

Since we're trying to help people here and they already know the negative aspects of smoking I could see no purpose for negative comments. I didn't want this issue turning into something like that.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

TVC15, I think you'll quit when you're ready and now isn't the right time. Only you can decide, so good luck to you when you do.

Thanks for seeing what I'm trying to do here Chickadee.

#19066 - 11/23/05 02:52 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Hi bug..hello chick, tv, Some people are or have been smokers, but i am addicted to this drug 'nicotine'. Like benzedine, caffine, morphine, notice the spelling at the end?
I am a drug addict. My drug is nicotine. That might not be the case with others here, so i wish i could go to meetings, open or closed meetings with others who are nicotine addicts.

Bug, did you know that one of the co founders of AA had no problem with alcohal ? Your initiating this topic and hanging in here, reminds me of his dedication which saved so many lives. Prior to his death, he was only known as Dr,Bob, just like we only know you, as 'Bug' the one who never smoked but here to help.

if any of you ever decide to meet for closed meetings somewhere in this cyperspace, let me know okay. I know not all AA meetings are open, and there very real reasons for that... anyway, just wanting to touch base this afternoon.. thinking of you all.

#19067 - 11/23/05 03:20 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Norma, I was thinking just today, Why isn't there a place to go for smokers to gather and talk, like AA. I would like to go to a place and denick for at least 3 days. A nice place with healthy food and drink. A place with a peaceful view and fresh air smell. Yes, I share your addiction, Norma, a very strong addiction, that most (if any) non-smoker couldn't begin to realize.
Some may jest about things like this but I say, walk in my shoes and then judge me.
Maybe we need to start a place like this. Wouldn't it be nice. Bug?

While I'm dreaming here, I think it needs a room called the quick draw? room? with all the nasties i.e. black lung, cancer etc and info and stats about tobacco.

chick

[ November 22, 2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#19068 - 11/23/05 05:59 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Personally I have seen NO free for all rudeness just us agreeing to disagree...By the way all comments were allowed here the last time I checked and not dictated by anyone. Free speech is a wonderful thing....To answer your question, maybe a separate dining area would be good for smokers but seems a bit selective to me, next they'll be separating out the folks that drink or don't eat meat or are too fat, see what I mean? Most restaurants have good ventilation and if not should get it, that ought to control the problem sufficiently. Good luck to all those trying to break a very hard habit to break. [Wink]

[ November 22, 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#19069 - 11/23/05 06:08 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Good evening Norma and Chickadee, I didn't know the founder of AA was not an alcoholic himself. I think you've got a tremendous idea in a health resort for smokers! Are you serious that there is no such place???

My addiction is caffeine. I tried to quit. It lasted for three days. The painful headaches made me dangerous to be around and no amount of aspirin helped. I went back to my daily fix. I don't drink as much but you should see me salivate when the Gevalia ads come in the mail with all the new flavors. I probably spend more time in the coffee section studying the new flavors than I do in shopping for anything else. You know, I just realized that now as I was typing it! I don't appreciate people telling me to give up my coffee. Okay, okay, I know, maybe it's not the same as needing a cigarette but it's still a physical need right? It's my habit, my addiction.

I wish there was a place for smokers to go just as there is for people with a drug or alcohol problem. People with dietary concerns have health spas so why hasn't someone thought of this?

#19070 - 11/23/05 06:17 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I've heard the term 'smoking clinic' but am not sure what it entails. I'm going to do some checking however to see if there is something for smokers....this has been a problem for so long you would think someone would have done something by now....

Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved