The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 15 of 23 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#19161 - 12/10/05 08:00 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Good morning to the ladies of the Smoking Section.

How are the resolutions coming along today?

#19162 - 12/10/05 05:09 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Still smoke free. [Big Grin]
chick

#19163 - 12/10/05 06:40 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Chickadee, I'm so glad to hear that! This is going to be a very joyous season for you. Consider it a true gift to yourself. [Wink]

#19164 - 12/10/05 07:28 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chick,
I am so proud of you. I think I'll use you as an example for my daughter. She is careful not to smoke around my grandkids, but smokes at work and in the car when she's alone. It's terrible for her health and I can already see the effects on her skin.

Hey that reminds me of another beneifit of quitting. You are giving yourself not only better health and several years of life, but I bet you're saving yourself a ton of wrinkles. I have a friend who is five years younger than I am. She has smoked for years and it shows. We went shopping for her a new house and the realtor thought she was my mother. She was so upset. It was probably because I had on made up and she just crawled out of bed, but the smoking has definitely added lines especially around her mouth.
Now she's talking face lift, but would never consider stopping the smoking.
I love her anyway.
smile

#19165 - 12/10/05 07:57 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
A face lift wouldn't get rid of the wrinkles. She'd have to have laser treatment or acid peel. Ouch!

When I quit smoking, my face started glowing and I was suddenly receiving compliments on my skin. A lot more oxygen was getting there!

I'm so proud of you! This is a major accomplishment!

#19166 - 12/10/05 09:31 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Thanks to everyone for giving each other positive re-inforcement!

It is a fact that smoking is very bad for your skin.

#19167 - 12/11/05 07:49 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Good morning on this cold snowy day here on the north coast!

We could probably add to our smoking resolutions some other healthy ideas this holiday season. Usually when one smokes is it not common to have a cup of coffee with a yummy danish? Well this holiday season I have vowed to have much less candy and cookies around. I also vow not to make those recipes that call for cream cheese or sour cream. I remember the first year I adopted this resolution and how we all noticed we didn't have that holidays blues let down when Christmas was over.

Combining this strategy with your smoking resolutions is sure to leave you feeling better all around.

#19168 - 12/12/05 08:58 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I want to thank (in no particular order) Chatty, Lsmith, JJ, Unique, Flipperjo, Danita, Bluebird, Ladybug, Smile, Dianne, Norma and TVC for keeping me honest.
Thank you for encouraging and empowering me to reach and obtain an important life goal. Without your support, I can honestly say it wouldn't have happened. I had real people to report to, smokers, exsmokers and nonsmokers alike. I think it's important to hear from all sides. You were there when I needed you. Thank you to those of you who read this topic and prayed without posting or posted in another section.

Ladybug, I am grateful you started this topic. All things happen for a reason(s).

In answer to your posts: I have coffee in the morning only and I am not one to eat sweets or junk food unless my lunch date is in town(......) I don't think any weight gain is going to happen AND I get lots of exercise walking around a very large grocery store these days.

Smile, I will pray with you for your daughter to quit. Maybe she could start by cutting back to a certain amount in her car and go from there.

Dianne, my face is beginning to get that oxygen glow, too. I think Danita's Arbonne cream is also helping. No wrinkles yet so I just might have half a chance at keeping them at bay for another few years. I do love my laugh lines tho...they become me.

Norma and TVC, I have you in my prayers for God to whisper, 'You are ready now.'
It will be soon.

Quitting smoking is the best Christmas gift I have given my family and especially my grandchildren. It is the best gift I have given myself in my lifetime.
I am blessed that I had all of you to help. Thank you from my heart.
Dotsie, We are just another example of your goals for BWS being accomplished.

((((Hugs)))

Chickadee
( [Big Grin] [Big Grin] A [Big Grin] [Big Grin] NON [Big Grin] [Big Grin] SMOKER [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

#19169 - 12/11/05 09:25 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
WoooooHoooooo!!! Good job, Chick. You'll now become one of those obnoxious reformed smokers (like me) who constantly complain about the smokers!

Praise God.

#19170 - 12/12/05 11:17 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Chickadee.....I have to confess I'm one of those reformed smokers that complain about smokers also.
I hope the other smokers in our "little group" will try to quick some day.
They to can do it!!
Honest
Lynne

Page 15 of 23 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved