The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 23 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#19121 - 12/02/05 07:33 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Excellent, chick! Very proud of you!

#19122 - 12/02/05 10:59 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynne, your post about the 23 years also gave me hope, that I could do it. Funny enough, He could blow it in my face and it wouldn't bother me. I prefer not to see the box so he keeps it hidden.
Ladybug, he's not quitting until the new year. It is what works for him. I hope he quits and has it as easy as I have.
Bluebird, Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I talked to God on Thanksgiving morning and asked him to help me.
I never imagined I'd get this far. Having this place to come to..well...It worked for me. I hope it will work for all who need it.
chick

#19123 - 12/03/05 08:46 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chickadee you are SPECTACULAR!!!

You have probably added years to your life. Not only that, you have avoided years of wrinkles. (Important stuff for us girls)

We are so proud of you.
smile

#19124 - 12/02/05 09:12 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm so proud of you Chick.
Not so proud of me but I have faith, my time will come!

#19125 - 12/02/05 10:11 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

For anyone who really wants to, yes, your time will come.

Chickadee when hubby sees the positive effects that quitting smoking produce he'll be ready to start the new year smoke free.

Good luck to all who are quitting and trying to quit. When temptation stirs in you just say a prayer.

#19126 - 12/03/05 12:43 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Smile, I have added a lot of stuff to my life. I have my energy back, tenfold. I love cooking again and I can breathe deeply. The less wrinkles ARE an added bonus. Thank you for your continued support.
TVC, it took me a long time to get to the place I am today. Years of 'thinking about it'. Years of quitting in the morning, only to light up before noon. Years of not wanting to let go of 'my lil fwend'. My time came and if you're even thinking about it, yours will to...but ONLY when you are ready. I can say this now. I was there and now I'm here. When you are ready, put in a prayer request right here, and we will pray for you to quit. Even if it takes a hundred or more trys.
ladybug, MOH is helping himself by being respectful and sensitive to me quitting and in turn doind himself a favour.
Norma, girlfriend...where are you? We miss you. Whether you quit or not doesn't matter...I miss you [Frown]
I am looking forward to Christmas eve... It will be my i month anniversary of smoke free. I am going to celebrate with...What else?...A box of chocolates...Ha ha.
chick

#19127 - 12/03/05 03:17 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You know Smile is right (as always) not smoking has probably been the most important factor in my skin looking like a 30 year olds. Not a wrinkle to be found. Other girls even younger than I that I went to school with smoke like chimneys and have the skin to prove it, bags, sags, deep crevices especially around the mouth and a sallow color... Heres an experiment for you smokers. Stand before a mirror and put a fag in your face and suck it in as if inhaling and watch what happens around the mouth area. Those not smoking use a pen or pencil...boggles the mind doesn't it. Now imagine doing that for years...at some point the face will stay creviced...Still want my input Chickadee? [Wink]

[ December 02, 2005, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#19128 - 12/03/05 06:34 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

I'm just so glad for your Chickadee. Every day I come here just to read your posts and others who are trying to quit or are almost there.

I miss Norma too, so I hope she's just busy today and will join us again.

I love you ladies. I wish I could be there in person to give you a hug.
(((((hugs))))))

#19129 - 12/03/05 09:18 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
hello.... good to hear you are still free, free, free Chick !!! They say that smoking adds ten years to the aging effect, that makes me now 70, omg....... Ladybug, this 70 year old, (oh .. it is also said women mature faster then men, that puts me close to what .... nearing 80 ? omg..... )
this old old woman is shuffling along here, glad to see this topic is still thriving. TV.... do you want to be 80 so quickly ? No siree.... hope you will soon be free like Chick... have a good day tomorrow each of you.....

#19130 - 12/03/05 09:26 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

norma, so glad to see you posted. You're not 70 or 80!

My mother's cousin was a smoker and could do a fair amount of drinking. You would not believe how beautiful this woman looked well into her 70's. She sent a picture of herself in a Victoria's Secret bustier. That young, good skin runs in the family. You'd think this woman would've ruined hers with the habits she had but she didn't. Everyone is different.

Again, I'm not advocating smoking just saying it doesn't always ruin a person's skin.

Page 11 of 23 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved