The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 56 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#18982 - 11/18/05 10:28 PM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
ladybug Offline

And that's all it is, you just have to be ready to quit and I know you one day will be. If not today, then another day, but at least give it a try!

#18983 - 11/18/05 10:59 PM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thank you JJ,
I keep thinking I'm ready and then when it gets right down to it, can't... but I will!
Just as soon as I have a relaxing, care free, worryless day! LOL
I think I'll try Chick's plan just to get started and then go to JJ's plan once I'm ready!

Thanks for the encouragement Ladybug!

#18984 - 11/18/05 11:38 PM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I didn't smoke in my car yesterday...and I am fine with that one. Now I have to spend more time in my car. [Big Grin]

Tomorrow morning I am going to put my cigarettes in my car so I will have to physically go out in the cold to get one. Brrr...

I want to say something very important. Cigarette smoking is an addiction with me. I want everyone to know that your posts on the topic has made it comfortable for me to come to the 'table' and talk about it. Believe it or not, the fact that I can post my successes or failures right here, will help me quit.

Friends encouraging friends to do something as important as quitting a dangerous addiction?...Now, that is something!

I think I am closer to quitting more now than I have been in the last 30 years. Being able to open it up to discussion has helped.

To all who post on this topic, your support is what I need, Thank You for giving it.

~ Blessings ~
chick

#18985 - 11/18/05 11:44 PM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
ladybug Offline

Chickadee, my son and I talk about smoking ALL the time. He's really helped me soften my position on this matter as he points out to me so many times, Smoking IS an addiction for all smokers and is not that easily given up as people insist (non-smokers likely).

You know Chick, it's the smokers who give my son a tip when they win on their lottery tickets.

#18986 - 11/18/05 11:44 PM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Good morning Bug, Chick, TV, JJ.. seems like i smoke more when i get angry about whatever
'learning to accept the things i cannot change, having the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to know the difference" is important for me.

One sister and i are genetically incapable of sewing. Every 7 or 8 years i attempt it. By midnight last night, after a full day of sewing, ripping apart and beginning again, the nightgown i am making for a daughter, just needed to be hemmed.

Point is, i did not smoke in anger when i realized the sleeves were still in the wrong place, all the gathering etc etc etc had to come out again, i had a cigerette while i contemplated how unique this inability seems to be, then ripped the whole thing apart again. As i see the pieces again all apart this morning. I have to admit, my patience level has reached a new height, and that is good eh.

#18987 - 11/18/05 11:50 PM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
norma Offline

someone may think i am making light of this, no, not at all, because frustration is one thing that encourages me to smoke, i am trying to learn other methods of coping with frustration, irritation, anger. Seening things in a different light.

[ November 18, 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

#18988 - 11/19/05 12:02 AM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
ladybug Offline

Many people who smoke tell me it is so relaxing so it's easy to see that one turns to it in times of frustration.

Go easy on yourselves ladies, one day at a time.

I tried to give up my coffee addiction and that lasted three days. The headaches were so bad!!!

Think about that. Coffee is not near as addicting as the smoking so it would only stand to reason it's a much harder substance to quit.

[ November 18, 2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#18989 - 11/19/05 12:42 AM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
ladybug Offline

To all my ladies here, please pray for me and hope it doesn't hurt too much as I go for my tattoo in 15 more minutes.

#18990 - 11/19/05 12:47 AM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
jawjaw said it the best for me. I to was lucky to be able to say I'm going to quit, and I did. Threw away all the cigs. and never looked back. You have to be ready to give it up. And yes, it is an addiction.
I wish all of you who are trying you best to give it up.
I didn't gain weight, didn't have any of the side effects of quiting. Guess I was just very lucky.
Lynne

#18991 - 11/19/05 01:57 AM Re: Quit Smoking? Tell us how you did it.
norma Offline

Chick and TV how're you two doing ? Do you also believe those who came up with the name 'simplicity' for a certain pattern company should be taken out and shot... then sued for lying ??? Do seam rippers wear out ? Are you smoking less today ? I am, but it's not easy accepting 'consistency' as an attribute, when it comes to consistently 'getting it wrong again'.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved